Changing the RX on the APM 2.5

Skywalker

Hello, Quick question. My RX on my quad lost the AILE channel. I tested it with a servo to make sure,and it has a bad connection on the board. I tried to re-solder the pin, but I think it is a crack or something on the board. Anyway, I ordered a new RX. When I hook up the new RX, can i just bind it and go or do I need to go through the whole procedure in the setup. This thing flies so good, I don't want to risk a re-flash, calibrate, etc.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
You can *probably* get away with just change it and go. But I would suggest at least doing the radio calibration screen just in case. The Tx is the one that sets the PWM values, the Rx just listens. But there may be very minor timing differences on the outputs of the Tx circuitry. So best to redo the radio calibration, as I said, just in case.

But there is absolutely no need to redo the rest of the tuning.

Also, be sure to look at the Radio Failsafe settings. If you are relying on the radio failsafe, then you'll need to make sure the Rx is programmed with whatever appropriate settings you need for your system.

Skywalker

Thank you for your reply. How do you get to the radio calibration screen without going through the setup steps?

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Yep, that's it. I've never actually used the wizard myself. I should try it sometime. :)

I do most of it manually.