Central circuit board replacement - DJI Phanton 2

AGImaging

Hello all. I had to replace the central circuit board due to a blown capacitor. Stupid mistake on my part when upgrading the video transmitter to ImmersionRC 5.8GHz, 600Mw. Connections fit perfectly from the previous one (Boscam TS 352) but I did not notice that the wires were set up differently. Black/Red power was reversed. In any case, this resulted in a blown capacitor on the main circuit board. The capacitor is literally microscopic, so there is no way to replace it. The only option was a new board. I got the board the other day and reconnected everything. I took detailed photos beforehand to make sure this time I don't make any mistakes and cross any wires. I am certain that everything is reconnected correctly but here are the problems I'm having. Everything is out of whack and almost nothing is functioning. When I connect the Phantom 2 to the Assistant Software v3, I get the following errors:

1. Abnormal flight compass data. Please restart the Flight Controller or reconnect the compass due to the losse connection (I think they mean loose). If this error continues, please contact your dealer or DJI customer service.
2. Not DJI Intelligent battery.

Initially, all firmware updated successfully but then after a few minutes, the gimbal started acting up, going haywire and making grinding noises. Now, after multiple restarts, the gimbal (Zenmuse H3-3D) is completely unresponsive, even during start-up phase. It just seems completely dead, even though it is getting power. Also, when the Phantom 2 is plugged in to the Assistant software, the Zenmuse does not even come up in the update screen. It's as if it's not there.

Additionally, the Phantom 2 and the Assistant software is not recognizing the remote controller. I am able to successfully calibrate it via the PhantomRC software but when I go into the Assistant to calibrate it again there, it's just not there.

Also, LED lights front and back do not work. They did initially when it was upgrading the firmware and during re-start phase.

Any ideas what's going on? Phantom 2 uses what looks to be a customized Naza-M V2 controller. DJI says there is a new version v4.02 but I cannot update it or even see if it needs an update. I downloaded the NAZA Assistant software but nothing happens when I connect the USB cable. Is there a different procedure for this? Not even sure if I need to be updating it via the NAZA Assistant or Phantom 2 Assistant. The central circuit board (P330CB) updated successfully to latest version 1.0.1.30. I'm a total novice at this, so what did I do wrong? Please help! :upset:

Last edited by a moderator:

chipwich

1.0.1.30 is your problem. Update to 1.0.1.31 and you should be fine. 1.0.1.30 caused some weirdness, like LEDs not working, compass errors, and failure to initialize the Phantom/Naza with an iOZD connected to CAN-BUS. It was patched yesterday, so that would be the first thing that I would look at. If you replaced only your main board and not the receiver, then you would think that the binding would be still good, but I would go through the bind procedure again with your transmitter and receiver.