Center of Gravity

badtoys

Hello:

Dear I have been trying to fly my EVO s800 but I can not make it stable. Left rudder ago, and when a 360 degree rotation loses its location and moves backward. I think it's a configuration problem in the center of gravity of the equipment. Right now I have only what flying with 1x6s5000 mAh. This weight is concentrated down and back which prevents me from having an easy location of the center of gravity of the equipment.

Here is some pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wef/10892937726/

Here are my wookong settings

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wef/10893297496/

Here is a Video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfAQzvATZT0[/youtube]

Thanks in advance for any help

Without having to view the 10+ minute video, can you point us to the part of the video pertinent to your question?
I not quite understanding the problem as written up, but am I understanding that at the heart of you issue is that the S800 isn't staying in the exact same spot when you rotate 360 degrees?

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Is you center of gravity when viewing the MR straight down, at the center of the MR hub?
Are x,y,z entries precise?
Has your GPS been accurately adjusted to account for your flying site magnetic angle of declination from true north?
Have you properly calibrated your digital compass away from all metal objects such as vehicles and without any possibility of nearby magnetic fields?
Are there other electronics onboard that are very close and emit any emi, rfi?

Hello:

Dear I have been trying to fly my EVO s800 but I can not make it stable. Left rudder ago, and when a 360 degree rotation loses its location and moves backward. I think it's a configuration problem in the center of gravity of the equipment. Right now I have only what flying with 1x6s5000 mAh. This weight is concentrated down and back which prevents me from having an easy location of the center of gravity of the equipment.

Here is some pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wef/10892937726/

Here are my wookong settings

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wef/10893297496/

Here is a Video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfAQzvATZT0[/youtube]

Thanks in advance for any help

Pjtyros

This is easy to see, with your lipo at the rear and no camera + gimbal then sure it is rear heavy. If you want perfect flight without the camera + gimbal then simply move your lipo to a more central location.

badtoys

Without having to view the 10+ minute video, can you point us to the part of the video pertinent to your question?
I not quite understanding the problem as written up, but am I understanding that at the heart of you issue is that the S800 isn't staying in the exact same spot when you rotate 360 degrees?

Hello, and thanks for answering. Excuse my poor english is not my native language. The problem is that when I make ruder left the s800 loses control and go backwards. All my measures suppose that the center of gravity is on the battery.

badtoys

This is easy to see, with your lipo at the rear and no camera + gimbal then sure it is rear heavy. If you want perfect flight without the camera + gimbal then simply move your lipo to a more central location.

Hello, I had referenced the center of gravity into the battery. So if I move the battery to move the center of gravity what's is the function of naza assistant.

Thanks, and excuse my poor english

badtoys

Is you center of gravity when viewing the MR straight down, at the center of the MR hub?
Are x,y,z entries precise?
Has your GPS been accurately adjusted to account for your flying site magnetic angle of declination from true north?
Have you properly calibrated your digital compass away from all metal objects such as vehicles and without any possibility of nearby magnetic fields?
Are there other electronics onboard that are very close and emit any emi, rfi?

Hello. What is MR? The rest of the questions yes. The only equipment that emits emu is the AVL58 video transmiter and is far away from the gps.

Thanks. And Exuse my poor english

Hello, I had referenced the center of gravity into the battery. So if I move the battery to move the center of gravity what's is the function of naza assistant.
Hello. What is MR? The rest of the questions yes. The only equipment that emits emu is the AVL58 video transmiter and is far away from the gps.
Thanks. And Exuse my poor english
Hello badtoys. No worries about your english. You are helping us understand better, and that's the important part.
By the way, MR is short for "multirotor", or another word for the aircraft we fly.

So I have some thoughts I will suggest to you. It sounds like to me that your GPS and/or IMU positions are set correctly. It is important to note that this positions are referenced to the center of gravity, not to the center of the aircraft. If you are saying that your center of gravity is where the battery is, then theoretically your measurements should be to that position.

Which then brings up the possibly second part of your problem. It is very highly recommended that you balance the aircraft in such a way that your center of gravity IS the center of the main hub. There are many reasons why, but performance and wear and tear are two big reasons why. So if your S800 is too heavy in the back because of the battery, or too heavy in the front because of the gimbal, then you should consider moving some things around. As Pjtyros suggested, one of the easiest ways to adjust your center of gravity is by moving the battery forward or back. The further something is away from the center of the aircraft, the larger the moment arm of that force, so it will be heavier towards the back.

Bottom line is try to adjust things so your center of gravity is the center of the main hub, then ensure your GPS and IMU measurements are to that point.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
NAZA Assistant can not circumvent the laws of physics...... you must first ensure that the center of gravity is at the center of the Multirotor Hub when looking at the Multirotor from the top down...... this is always step one.

badtoys

My dear friends:

Not only I don't improbe but get worst. I'm using futaba 14sg radio with the sbus port. As soon as takeoff the MC start roll to the right when in gps mode. In Atti mode turns to the right. I don't know where to search because everything looks ok in the radio and the woo kong software assistant.

I use the same radio and receiver in a dji f550 whit naza v2 and work ok with no problems.

Please help

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk HD

badtoys

My dear friends:

Not only I don't improbe but get worst. I'm using futaba 14sg radio with the sbus port. As soon as takeoff the MC start roll to the right when in gps mode. In Atti mode turns to the right. I don't know where to search because everything looks ok in the radio and the woo kong software assistant.

I use the same radio and receiver in a dji f550 whit naza v2 and work ok with no problems.

Please help

Solved! Was my mistake!. Two arms in the wrong place.

Happy new year to all