Cc3d or Naze32?

Hi guys! I'm still exploring for my build this summer. I'm debating over using the cc3d or Naze 32. I already think that the cc3d is better because it's easy to use. Which is really better and what do you guys prefer? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I'd actually vote for the NAZE32, the typical experience is you install it, set it up, and then fly it without changing gains and it's near perfect. My experience with the CC3D has been that it never quite flies just right.

Honestly though, they're all getting to be so similar to each other that the differences are minor. The fans from each camp will argue about it all day long but the reality is they're all very similar now.

my $.02. :)

Bartman

no, not usually. calibrations are done once and then you go fly. i think that the cleanflight firmware actually runs on multiple platforms removing more of the differences between them, fwiw.

Clean flight is used for Naze32 right? I know open pilot is for cc3d.
And what issues does the CC3D have?

Bartman

Cleanflight firmware can go on CC3D. CC3D, from what I've seen, is hard to get just right (but I haven't tried it with Cleanflight). NAZE32, on the other hand, has worked for me with zero tuning, flies great, is expandable like CC3D, etc. I was using Baseflight for NAZE32

What is the difference between all these softwares? Do they do anything different or are they just a little bit different? I guess Naze32 is the winner.

Bartman

i don't know. developers come and go from these projects, sometimes one will branch out either due to creative differences or some other conflict and do their own thing. Cleanflight was a branch that broke off of the Baseflight/NAZE tree and went off to do their own thing. First they did the firmware then did a more optimized flight control board, the SP Racing S3 (or something like that, i forget at the moment). I don't know if the board was quite as good as the firmware but NAZE32 is still solid.

And I noticed that someone else on this for I had an issue with the Naze32 with temperate . Is that a common issue? The temperatures here have a huge range. Thanks

Hoki

I have two cc3d flyers and I really like them till I got a naze32 skyline advance the has the barometer and compass and everything and it was so easy to setup and I love to fly it in headless mode I have found that it didn't require as much trim and I didn't have it many problems with it flying wonky. So I think its true it does fly good out of the box. But I would use cleanflight first i used baseflight and it wouldn't save certain options and stuff. So now I'm just nuts about naze32 and I'm going to get send more naze32 but the acro version to swap out my cc3d. I have two cc3ds if u want.

KNote72

I second Bartman and Hoki on the Naze32 (w/ Cleanflight). I'm a miniquad noob myself but after you have your hardware installed you just do some minor adjustments to the channels of your radio and you're off. Stock PIDs work great for normal flying so I wouldn't mess with them unless you're working on miniquad racing and get better at flying to the point that you understand the performance characteristics (and possibly want to tweak them)

Ok the Naze 32 sounds really good. All of you guys seem to have no issues with it. Will it still work with a six channel receiver? And is do you require programming knowledge(besides common sense((too much))?

Hoki

NO PROGRAMMING KNOWLEGE IT'S REAL EASY WITH A EASY TO USE GUI. I HAVE A RADIOLINK AT9 TRANSMITTER AND USE A R6D RECEIVER IN PPM MODE. JUST MAKE SURE YOU ENABLE PPM IN THE SETUP PAGE IF YOU USE IT.

Hoki

I just ordered the skyline32 mini. It's got a compass too so I can fly in headless mode which I LOVE. I have an advanced model in my 260 frame now and it flys perfectly every time. It's just like a quad you would by that's prebuilt in a store.