CC3D or Naze32 Acro

TomWolves

Tom Wolves
Hello everyone, and good day!, I want to build a 250 FPV racer, I am having conflicting thoughts on which FC to use. I have heard the CC3D is on it's way out and I should use a Naze32 Acro. so, I would like to get everyone's thoughts and opinions on both Flight Controllers. I use a Spektrum DX7 radio, again which works best with this radio? Thank you for your time and views. Have a awesome day!
T.W.

Hoki

I think cc3d is excellent. I used it on my first build of a 180 fpv and it is so great it will be so still while hovering in the air and I can easily adjust the max tilt to control it's speed so I can control it easier since I'm a beginner. I just ordered the atom version with a tarot mini frame for my 2nd fpv build.
If people say it's outdated or whatever who cares as long as it works and I think cc3d is something that's been around a while and is reliable and has a great user interface.

TomWolves

Tom Wolves
This is what was wrote to me on another forum explaining why I should go with a Naze32 Acro "Just use caution when going with the CC3D...it's had a rocky last several months from a development standpoint, and can be difficult to get support on if you have an unusual configuration. It was a great board back in the day (I had two), but all the development effort is going the way of Cleanflight these days." This is the reason I asked the question. @ AV8Chuck never really heard of the Pixracer or at least never paid attention .

Av8Chuck

It is but it uses much better components and from what I hear flies much better. Its from the Pixhawk line of controllers.

FLJim

Hi Tom. I recently built a 250 using the CC3D as well. What I found was that the open source community for it fractured and the core development moved to http://www.librepilot.org/ and the latest version of things was there. It was a bit tricky getting the software to download, but once I had it everything worked fine. I can't speak to the longevity of the project, but I had no problems making it work and finding community information on it. I'm not familiar with the Naze32, so I cannot compare them for you.

Av8Chuck

This is what was wrote to me on another forum explaining why I should go with a Naze32 Acro "Just use caution when going with the CC3D...it's had a rocky last several months from a development standpoint, and can be difficult to get support on if you have an unusual configuration. It was a great board back in the day (I had two), but all the development effort is going the way of Cleanflight these days." This is the reason I asked the question. @ AV8Chuck never really heard of the Pixracer or at least never paid attention .

The PixRacer software is PX4, developed by DroneCode, its the same software used in the Pixhawk. Since 3DR bailed we're now an official hardware manufacturer for DroneCode. Although the PixRacer was not designed to replace the Pixhawk many of the developers are calling it the next generation flight controller.

The PixRacer will be very well supported and can be used for much more than FPV racing, although it only has six outputs. If you need more we also have the X2 and we're working with DroneCode for the development of more commercial grade flight controllers.

violetwolf

I think cc3d is excellent. I used it on my first build of a 180 fpv and it is so great it will be so still while hovering in the air and I can easily adjust the max tilt to control it's speed so I can control it easier since I'm a beginner. I just ordered the atom version with a tarot mini frame for my 2nd fpv build.
If people say it's outdated or whatever who cares as long as it works and I think cc3d is something that's been around a while and is reliable and has a great user interface.

Glad to hear you got it going Hoki. Good for you!

Hoki

WELLL I BROKE A MOTOR SO I'M WAITING TO GET ONE IN THE MAIL. I'M GONNA SOLDER THE MOTORS TO THE ESCS SO I HOPE THAT GOES WELL CAUSE I'M TIRED OF HAVING ALL THAT CABLE I THINK IT LOOKS YUCKY. I ALSO THOUGHT ABOUT PUTTING THE ESCS UNDER THE FRAME AND MAKING A LONG CABLE WITH SHRINK TUBE UNDER THE ARM TO THE MOTOR TOO. I DONNO BUT I GOTTA DO SOMETHING CAUSE I WANT IT TO LOOK PRETTY. ALSO I GOTTA UNSOLDER THE STUFF FROM THE POWER DISTRIBUTION BOARD CAUSE I WANNA RUN IT THOUGH THE BOTTOM HOLE SO THE WIRES ARN'T GOING OUT THE SIDES. SO I THINK I GOTTA PRETTY MUCH REBUILD IT.

Paul-H

Just remember in a crash a loose motor will rip the solder pads from the ESC, from a neatness point of view it might be better to solder bullet connectors to the esc and then plug themotors directly into them via bullets, that way in a crash the motors might pull out of the bullets rather than rip the solder pad off, although there is still a chance it will do that any way, sods law being what it is.

Oh and just to point out ALL CAPS is regarded as shouting

Paul