Tau Labs CC board in a plane

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Mr. Peabody,
Is it possible to turn the CC board on and off from the ground so one could fly a plane unassisted and then turn it on for a particular amount of assistance?
The board would still have to act as a go-between for the servos when it's off.
Thanks,
Bart

dankers

One thing I will say is even in manual mode you get an advantage from running a CC: you can run digital servos at 333Hz and make reaction time faster, normal RC RXs only run the servos at 50Hz.

So there is an advantage to having CC even in manual mode.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I asked the question earlier in a PM to Dankers and the reply which I just received states it can be turned off in the air.
Interesting. I'll have to report back to MRF black-ops with the answer.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Now Now Bart... am I thinking you are going to be using it for the demo I am thinking about??!! Crafty bugger!

osnwt

www.LinuxDrone.org
Is it possible to turn the CC board on and off from the ground so one could fly a plane unassisted and then turn it on for a particular amount of assistance?
The board would still have to act as a go-between for the servos when it's off. Bart

Since I wasn't able to login until account verified, I can answer now for those who haven't realize it yet:

Yes, there is a support for 2/3-pos switch which can be used to switch CC FlightMode (don't confuse with the Tx settings, we probably should change the name).

Each of those 3 modes can be independently set to Manual/Stabilized1/Stabilized2/Stabilized3 and few more modes. In Manual mode you effectively use just on-board mixer. But for each Stabilized mode you can set which axes you want to stabilize in it, say,

Stabilized1: Roll=Rate, Pitch=Rate, Yaw=Rate
Stabilized2: Roll=Attitude, Pitch=Attitude, Yaw=Rate,
Stabilized3: Roll=Attitude, Pitch=Attitude, Yaw=None (means no stabilization)

As soon as one of modes is activated (using Tx switch), you instantly have desired behavior. And Rate/Attitude modes of course have their own stabilization settings.

BTW, it is the same what I used on my delta trying inverted flight and spin auto-recovery: I switched from Manual mode to Attitude-stabilized (or Rate-stabilized) mode (you may want HD to see the model better):

Last edited by a moderator: