Can't get my F550 to be still !!

CVMichael

First time trying to build a multirotor, and I am having problem after problem with it...

My Setup: DJI F550 Frame, NTM 28-26A 1200kv motors, TURNIGY Plush 30amp ESCs, MultiWii PRO Flight Controller, Turnigy 5000mAh 4S 40C Lipo, Turnigy 9X Transmitter, 8x5 props.

The MultiWii PRO Flight Controller comes with a GPS, but I did not get the GPS to work yet, so I am trying to fly without it.

It takes off the ground at only about 30% throttle, so that's good... but it drifts in a way or another.... for example if it drifts forward, then I use the fine adjustment buttons on the Turnigy 9X Transmitter to adjust. But then it starts moving backwars, or sideways... I just can't get to be still!! It feels like I am ice skating with it !

Also, I noticed I have a delay when I tell it do something.

I am wondering if I got the correct ESCs ? I am thinking to get new ESCs with SimonK software installed on them because I hear they are much better and I am hoping to remove that delay.

Another thing I will try to do is to get some moongel and put it under the Flight Controller, to remove vibrations... (thinking that the vibrations messes up the sensors on the Flight Controller)

Also..... I don't like the NTM 28-26A 1200kv motors, they are too fragile, I don't like the quality. Do you know what else I can get (from where) that works for 4S battery?

If anyone can help me on any of the above I will greatly appreciate it :) thank you in advance :)