Hoverfly Cannot setup HoverFly Sport

So I have Setup client 4.6.XXXX on my computer because I used it to setup my HoverFly Pro. Now it said I have an incompatible Setup Client for my HoverFly Sport board. So I went to the website and tried to download the older version. It was not available. So am I suppose to throw the HoverFly Sport board in the trash can and buy something else or is there a work around?

Thanks

Efliernz

Pete
I have a 2nd-hand HF Sport on the way... but I have reverted back to using 4.3.802 on my HFP boards so I hope I won't have issues.

I think they need to update the Hoverfly Spoprt firmware so we only need one client on the pc.

Pete

I think they need to update the Hoverfly Spoprt firmware so we only need one client on the pc.

Pete

That would be so much simpler. That said do we even need the setup client for the HoverFly Sport. We can set the configuration on the firmware client. Then it just a matter of just go and fly and turn the gain via the transmitter.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
That would be so much simpler. That said do we even need the setup client for the HoverFly Sport. We can set the configuration on the firmware client. Then it just a matter of just go and fly and turn the gain via the transmitter.

The only thing you might want the setup client for is to verify the control movement, otherwise there's nothing to setup on the Sport other than the gain. As long as you can figure out if the sticks work right without seeing them in the setup client you're OK to just set the config and go fly, that's what I did with mine. As I recall one or two channels needed to be reversed but that was pretty easy to figure out as soon as there was a little daylight under the landing legs...

Ken

The only thing you might want the setup client for is to verify the control movement, otherwise there's nothing to setup on the Sport other than the gain. As long as you can figure out if the sticks work right without seeing them in the setup client you're OK to just set the config and go fly, that's what I did with mine. As I recall one or two channels needed to be reversed but that was pretty easy to figure out as soon as there was a little daylight under the landing legs...

Ken

That's what I was trying to do. I swap flight controllers around a bit and didn't want to have a control reversed.

Aerovideo

Yeah the Hoverfly Sport is the red-headed step child of the Hoverfly products. Sorry to any Red heads/step children out there ;)

I love my sport boards but they've left the sport board in the dust. The firmware hasn't been updated for years? Don't even get me going on the lack of support in the setup client.

Luckily, since it's a gyro only board there's not much if anything to setup. Although it would be nice to have a way to check the firmware version. If I forget I just re-flash the board.

I guess checking stick control would be handy, they really need to add support back into the setup client for the sport board!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I LOVE my sport boards. The Av rom is amazing with a decent gain setting for flying smoothly. I have never hooked up my HFS boards to the client. Just flashed and went and flew. If you read the manual it tells you which radio needs to be in what direction, if you follow that your golden. If you really are concerned, I'd just mount the rig to a cinderblock with a few bungie cords and spool up the blades and check your controls. Personally I'd trust a visual inspection over a bar moving on a screen any day.

Just don;t give up on the Sport board, it's the greatest bang for the buck on the market right now. (If you don't need a gimbal control)

I fly this guy with a HF Sport and it's awesome.
View attachment 9877

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 344

>>I LOVE my sport boards. The Av rom is amazing with a decent gain setting for flying smoothly. I have never hooked up my HFS boards to the client. Just flashed and went and flew. If you read the manual it tells you which radio needs to be in what direction, if you follow that your golden.<<

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense.

>>Just don;t give up on the Sport board, it's the greatest bang for the buck on the market right now. (If you don't need a gimbal control)<<

I was actually trying to set up the Sport with a separate gimbal controller.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I was actually trying to set up the Sport with a separate gimbal controller.

Let me know which one you were going to try, I may add a 2 axis gimbal to my y6 and was either going to go to a HFP or get a separate controller.
I like the way the sport flys on this rig so much, it almost seems like a good idea!

Let me know which one you were going to try, I may add a 2 axis gimbal to my y6 and was either going to go to a HFP or get a separate controller.
I like the way the sport flys on this rig so much, it almost seems like a good idea!

I am trying to test out the Tarot gimbal controller. It seems like a pretty interesting item.