Cannot get WK ground station 4.0.6 to work. The connect button is always greyed out.

atomkind

Hello,

I really need help here. I cannot get ground station to work. I had it working but when google earth stopped working I had to reinstall the pc. Now Google Earth works again (by skipping the dji google earth plugin install), but i cannot connect anymore. The connect button in ground station stays grey and unclickable.

I´ve installed framework from the dji dvd, the driver and ground station. I am running windows 7 64bit and I have also tried it on a 32 bit machine. Same result.

Of course I have a serial number which I entered in the wookong M tool a while ago. It stayed saved on the Wookong.

Is there a way to reset the whole system?

Any ideas?

Best!

atomkind

Seems like i am the only one with that problem...

I´ve contacted DJI on it and I am waiting for answer. I´ll let you know...

Best

nytram

There is another tread on this it looks like the issue is GE as the plugin is not working on its own

atomkind

My Problem is that the connect button stays grey and unclickable.

The Google Earth issue can be fixed by reinstalling windows and not installing the dji plugin from their dvd but from google.

Best,

Robert

nytram

Reinstalling the is it's not the real answer it fix something by doing that we need to understand what ...

atomkind

Thats my usual problem fix on windows machines :upset:
I´d love to see dji ground station and all other dji software run on my mac. I have 5 Macs and one PC, guess which makes the most problems...

Best regards

nytram

Love it just like a IT person... But most for most people reimaging it's a pain as its there only of with all there data on it..

I'm right peed off with it as it worked when I tested last week. Now I'm going to build a field laptop just for running my octo

Have you checked Windows device manager to see if the USB TX is listed? IIRC it's called something like DJI Virtual Com Port. It might be that Windows just hasn't recognized the USB device.

Guys, I'm in the same boat. My Google Earth used to work BEFORE I installed that stupid plugin. Now GE won't connect to server and no images rendered at all. Tried uninstalling and re-install. Even all the items for the ground station software (in their respective order).

I just don't get it. Cleared the GE cache even created a new user just to rule out my windows profile. Fukall works anymore!!!

Fredasss

It look like this:

7y5amysy.jpg

But for me Google plugin is not the only problem.
Connect button is also greyed so can't connect... This is the bigdeal at this time.
ve2edu3a.jpg

The link you sent above is for Win8
In my case it's à windows 7 starter édition. No problem with driver, datalink is recognised as prolific USB to serial comm port (COM6) on my computer.
yzu8a9ap.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zzr

I had the same problem. I removed Google Earth plugin 7.0 verison then I installed Google Earth plugin 6.0 from CD (DJI only) then deleted IP google.com in the host file (edited) in the folder (etc) from system. It worked.

Fredasss

Sounds great, can you please précise in what folder is the host file, and can I just modify it with notepad ?
Thanks

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
I had the same error as others.
I contacted DJI & they sent a .rar file to fix the issue. Unzip it.
All works perfect now.
Uninstall everything....including google earth.
Re-install DJI CD files.
Run the DJI fix file.
If you contact DJI they can send the same file.
Im you send me a PM with your e-mail, I will send you the file.

This has been an issue when installing google earth. It adds entries to the .dll file that will not allow the ground station software to fully connect to GE plugin.

Here is the fix I used. Feel free to call me if you cant get it to work, I may be able to walk you through it.

On the bottom windows icon, Rt click and hit "open Windows Explorer"
Now Click on "C Drive"
Then Click "Windows"
Then click "System 32"
Then click "Drivers"
Then click "etc"
You will see a file called "hosts" RT click and select "Open, or Open with" Select the program "NOTEPAD" to open the file. Now at the bottom of that document, you should see entries for google earth. DELETE any entry that had google in it. Once you delete it, then go on top left of notepad and select "File", then Click "save"

If a window pops up and wont let you save because you dont have admin rights, then do the following.

Go to the Windows icon and click it.
Click on "all programs"
Click on "accesories"
Look for Note pad, RIGHT CLICK on the Notepad program and select "Run as administrator"
Once Note Pad opens, go to top right and Click on "File"
Then click "Open"
Now go though the locations mentioned above "c drive-windows--system32-drivers-etc- hosts to open the same "hosts file"

Now edit it and delete ALL Google entries, then click File-Save"

That should solve the problem :)

Good Luck.

Patrick

Aerial Media Pros