Cannot get naza to arm motors please help

Spanky

Had the same problem and the solution was STUPID!!! I use a JR 9303 with Spektrum 8 channel RX. Everything was set up correctly and showed that all controls were moving in the proper direction in assistant, however, just by chance I noticed that if I applied ANY downward pressure on the throttle it moved it into failsafe. I disconnected the USB, moved my right stick bottom left, then with my throttle stick set at zero throttle I moved it to the right trying not to pull down on it at all. BINGO! Motors armed and everything worked perfect. I played with some trims and it still did it, not sure why, and I couldn't get away from it happening. It took me several arming sequences to learn to gently push the throttle stick to the corner without pushing it down. Hope this works for you.

Hi I think im having this same problem rapid yellow blinking and cant arm the motors. Im using a cheap Aerosky RX and TX 6ch that came with my xheli RTF hexcopter. I had it working before but change out motors and escs. but in the naza software I cant get my 2 position switch into any of the modes for failsafe/atti/manual.. so is that the prob? I don't have anyway to trim the switch on the TX just for the main 4 Channels... what can I do? is there a way to adjust those levels in the software?

gtranquilla

RadioActive
You need a minimum of 7 channels to work with the NAZA and/or the WKM controller....... Also the cheap Park Flyer RC radios have a very limited range.....as compared to a proper 2.4 Ghz fhss system such as the Spectrum or Futaba 2.4Ghz.......Invest in a good RC radio system and you will be able to sleep better at night......:nevreness: Getting everything working 100% correctly on the bench with NAZA Assistant is critical for safe flying these MRs.
Hi I think im having this same problem rapid yellow blinking and cant arm the motors. Im using a cheap Aerosky RX and TX 6ch that came with my xheli RTF hexcopter. I had it working before but change out motors and escs. but in the naza software I cant get my 2 position switch into any of the modes for failsafe/atti/manual.. so is that the prob? I don't have anyway to trim the switch on the TX just for the main 4 Channels... what can I do? is there a way to adjust those levels in the software?

Ya I got it working I just cut it down to 4 channels. so that it just defaulted to Atti. Yeah I bought a Futaba 8fgs for when I get my parts to build a tbs discovery. But I just wanted to mess around with building this one first. ill probably order one of those frsky FAAST receivers to use with my futaba, for the cheaper model here eventually.

Problem solved. it was stuck in safe mode cuz my remote didn't have an adjustable 2 way switch so I just disconnected the U channel altogether. However new problem, I have 14 inch props on 6 690kv motors. and I set the idle speed to its lowest setting and this thing wants to fly off at idle. what can I do or is this not gonna be a good combo. I guess I could weigh it down with extra batteries or something or should I get smaller props?

gtranquilla

RadioActive
If you are not getting very much air time with one battery, add another in parallel to solve both problems..... Effective use of Ecalc for MRs will help you to determine the best path forward....... Another strategy to reduce rpm is to reduce the number of cells per battery. It also reduces torque such that the motor speed is degraded due to not enough torque to reach full rpm.
Problem solved. it was stuck in safe mode cuz my remote didn't have an adjustable 2 way switch so I just disconnected the U channel altogether. However new problem, I have 14 inch props on 6 690kv motors. and I set the idle speed to its lowest setting and this thing wants to fly off at idle. what can I do or is this not gonna be a good combo. I guess I could weigh it down with extra batteries or something or should I get smaller props?

sentiensx

Thanks Kloner - this solved my noob problem

I had the same problem and this tip from kloner solved it for me. I had the motors arming but after assigning some more switches they would not. I read to calibrate several times so at the risk of insanity re-calibrated them maybe 50 times. It wasnt until reading this post that I returned the throttle to center position when finishing calibration. worked like a charm.

that has to be if you wnt atti to work right... put the throttleat midstick and it will be green then hit finish

dunno about the rest, sure the esc's even work? ever tried plugging one into a receiver and not naza? the lights you see indicate that part setup right, press the sticks down and together and boom it should fire up. make sure the props are off

are these dji esc's?

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
Second image - Motor Mixer - You're set up for a Quad X - 8 motors.
Try Quad I - I believe that setting is for 4 motors.