Canadian suppliers for parts, kits, FPV equipment in Canada, who's good, who isn't??

W. Reimer

Another piece of information that would be invaluable to have , I think, is a listing of Canadian suppliers, and any commentary that may be available about them...good, bad, fast, slow, lots of stock, minimal stock, delivery times etc. This is real-world info that we can all use regularly I suspect.

Last edited by a moderator:

I can give you two to avoid and 3 LHS here in Calgary that I highly recommend !!

To be avoided;

1. http://www.multirotorheli.ca I bought my P2 from the just before Xmas, picked up from his home, smooth transaction. Tried to buy an Immersion receiver and do a local pickup again. Time was arranged by phone, arrived and no one home. Tried calling voice mail. Sent a text to his cell, no reply. Got home sent him an email saying since he wasted an hour and a half of my time and $20 in fuel he could deliver it in person that day or I would contact Paypal and lodge a non shipping complaint. The reply I got was nothing short of abusive and rude, with a promise to ship 3 days later. I replied we had an arrangement and since he was a no show he could deliver or deal with Paypal. Again no reply, so I filed the complaint with Paypal. I got a reply mid afternoon with expressions including, get a life and low life. This is after he had received payment.

2. http://www.flyingcameras.ca/tablet/index.html is the other. Called to confirm stock on an Iosd mini, was told early next week, I was also in the market for an A2 and inquired about that. Got one in stock, ordered that as well. Called again the following Friday, no Iosd had not arrived so said ship the A2 as I need it for my Skyjib build, sure no problem is the answer. Get a call back at about 6 that evening, can't ship the A2 we robbed parts from the box.... Nice so now you have over $1500 of my cash and all of a sudden no stock... Smells a little fishy to me...

Now for the good guys!!

i have purchased 2 futaba radios and a bunch of hardware from Action hobby. Nothing but good things to say about them. I ordered a 14 SGH for them. They checked stock with there supplier and at that time it was available. When they ordered it had been sold. I got an immediate phone call to inform me of the development and an offer to refund my deposit. No problem, communication is key and these folks do an awesome job. Good stock, excellent service and knowledgable staff. Actionhobby.ca

http://www.modelland.com again excellent stock, very knowledgeable and friendly staff.

Last but not least is PM Hobbycraft, good selection and stock. The staff have good general RC knowledge but each has their own speciality field of knowledge so you have to find the right person. Again recommended as they take customer service and support seriously.

I hope this helps other Canadians!!

I will also mention that I have ordered multiple times from http://www.readymaderc.com/ out of the US and have always found the the service and attitude to be of the highest calibre.

W. Reimer

Boy will I ever second that about Multirotorheli. I dropped $2000 + there in one order...most of it was delivered around the time it was promised...except for two batteries. I contacted them; they only had one in stock, and a new shipment coming on Monday (this was a Thursday)No biggie, right? Wrong. Monday came and went, no battery, no emails. Finally I sent another email a week later; there was a "mix up" and would be sent the next day.

This went on for a MONTH. FOUR WEEKS! I sent a total of 5 requests and each time was told that they would be in the mail the next day, only they weren't. One last email, in which I went to some length to explain to him the potential consequences of this, and I finally had the batteries three days later, along with a really snarly reply about how buys he was, didn't I KNOW that? Why should I be so uptight, it was only a couple of lousy batteries...Seriously! He SAID that, in writing!

It's REALLY unfortunate. They have about the best, most consistent stock in Canada of DJI products ( they are an authorized distributor for DJI China...I checked), and when they FEEL like putting forth the effort, they can do really great work. I have a 550 they built to my specs, and the workmanship is top-drawer; extremely clean, neat soldering, wiring very well laid out & neat, bolts and screws properly torqued, etc. The problem is, they have to WANT to. If they don't (which seems very frequent) you get what you get, when you get it...IF you get it. Don't like it? Suck it up...doesn't matter to (or bother) them even a tiny bit.

FYI it is a one man show running from his kitchen. His attitude to paying customers is 3rd world to be kind. DJI could do much better and may windup regretting having him as a dealer sooner than later...

Website stock levels are not representative of his actual stock... It is part of a got you money now s#ut-up and wait, kinda business model.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pumpkinguy

Www.multirotorcanada.ca. Not to be confused with multirotorheli. This guy is from Bowmanville Ontario. I don't know him well but he is friendly, responds to emails and treats you like he appreciates your business and wants you to be happy and come back, spread the word. Isn't that how all companies should be run?

haha49

http://bradatech.com/

Not to bad of a dealer. Had a mini IOsd melt down when plugged into the naza. (it got super hot and metelted) replaced it no problems since they were a DJI dealer.

Bought some grabner props broke one wanted to order more they don't carry it anymore O well. Kind of annoying.

Ordered a Pixhawk 4 had problems sent out info about it still didn't work. I asked if I could send it back and get a refund and buy something else (would of spent more money) since it was a royal pain in the rear. Kind of got blown off so i stopped ordering from them. The pixhawk ended up in the trash since it didn't work.

banggood is in China but free shipping to Canada had no problems with them they even replace things with out much effort just send a photo or video of it dead and they send another one.

meriachee

Placed an order with CanadaDrones, with a question attached to the order. No response. Waited three days, no response. Sent 2 emails and called. No response. Filed dispute with PayPal. Vote with your wallet.

Pumpkinguy

I find a few of the canadian dealers do it as almost a hobby. They work a full time job and have inventory in their basement. I believe Canada Drones is like this. I have ordered from him. Service is fair but shipping not as fast as places like great hobbies that have a full time shipper.

meriachee

That may be, but hobby or not, if you go to the lengths that he does to get you to send an email and then doesn't respond in a reasonably timely manner, then it reflects accordingly. The original order was placed March 3rd. There still hasn't been any response whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather support the local guys. This isn't about shipping, this is about no service at all.

Skysmith

Drone operator
A growing company is Dronexperts from Quebec City : https://www.facebook.com/Dronexperts?fref=ts
They are working on their online store that should be online in the next weeks.

The difference with the others is that they've opened a real store to sell their products and welcome their clients. They are really passionate about what they are doing and operate drones professionally for mapping and agriculture.
They are both francophone and anglophone.

They are a DJI official dealer but also Immersion RC, Fatshark and soon Gens Ace. They are always keen to answer to your question.
I've bought them most of my equipment and they really try to do their best.

Pumpkinguy

They gotta have someone there that speaks English. Canada is a small enough market already. Limiting themself to french only wouldn't be good.

Pumpkinguy

I want to point out a guy I've used many times now on ebay called northermoi. He is out of Quebec and is the absolute best for metric fasteners in Canada. He will combine shipping and responds and ships fast. Has a very extensive inventory and selection.