Can it be bad to INSTALL ESC just below the CF Motor Mount

toptweaks

Hello members,

i am about to build a quadcopter. Was thinking of to mount the esc just below the CF motor mount.

My point is to lessen the interference to the center frame which i mount the flight controller.

Need your opinion guys, is it BAD to install the esc just below the motors... will this make the esc
not working properly, will there be any interference to the esc ?

i am aware that there are CF plate motor mount now have holder for the esc just beside the brushless motor...

or is it OK to mount the esc just below the motors, it is going to be 18 amps esc with a disc motor 360kv.

any links/resources i can check it out about this topics would be much appreciated !

thank you in advance !

soler

Hello members,

i am about to build a quadcopter. Was thinking of to mount the esc just below the CF motor mount.

My point is to lessen the interference to the center frame which i mount the flight controller.

Need your opinion guys, is it BAD to install the esc just below the motors... will this make the esc

i am aware that there are CF plate motor mount now have holder for the esc just beside the brushless motor...

or is it OK to mount the esc just below the motors, it is going to be 18 amps esc with a disc motor 360kv.

any links/resources i can check it out about this topics would be much appreciated !

thank you in advance !

I have read that it is best to keep the distance between the ESC and the battery to a minimum. This can be increased by adding additional capacitors to the ESC to avoid the shunting effects.

Having said this, I use RCTimer 40A ESC under my motor mount on the Tarot 960 with no problems. I think it depends on how far you want to move them and if they have sufficient size capacitors in place. I have seen another thread here which can give you info on the size of the capacitors to use.

toptweaks

Hello members,

thank you in advance !

Thank you soler for pointing out this.

i am still searching the thread but maybe not find the right keyword, its okay will search more.

yes have read about this long time ago but limited info's

that is why ask again ...