KK Flight Controller Can I use a Devo RX701 receiver with KK2.1.5 Flight Controller

Ed Xiques

I'm a rookie at this stuff and have a Walkera Runner 250 Advanced. As a learning experience, I am going to be building a basic inexpensive quad with most of the parts from HobbyKing. I am using a KK2.1.5 Flight Control Board.

Since I already have a Devo 7 Transmitter, it would be convenient (and save me money) to use it as my transmitter. Since the Walkera RX701 receiver will work with the Devo 7, I would like to use it with the KK Flight Controller, but I have been told it won't work because the RX701 doesn't support PPM or S-bus. However, I have seen several pictures on the internet of custom built quads that use the KK controller and the RX701 receiver, but I can't seem to find any information on how to make them work together.

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations/information that would help?

Additionally, if I need to buy a new Transmitter/Receiver combo (that supports PPM/S-bus), any recommendations would be appreciated.
I wouldn't want to go too high end (due to the expense), but I would like something that could be used with potential additional builds in the future.