Can I land at any valid waypoint through ground station software ??

Hi

I'm under the impression that the A2 is capable of landing at any valid waypoint autonomously through the ground station software ..

Please correct me .. is this doable out of the box ?? or I need to buy additional waypoint capability software to do it ?

Thanks a lot

Khaled

Why do you wish to land at a waypoint?

dronesforgood.ae ..... this is a contest for the best good usage of drones ... and I need to know if my Multi-rotor UAV can land in a certain waypoint .. to claim that I it can do package delivery ... like Amazon ..this is why :) ? I understand why you asked , I'm gad you did since this is my 1st post .. and it would get me worried too :)

Thanks
Khaled

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Sounds like an interesting project. Alas I don't know the answer but I'm sure someone will.

Good luck with it. :nevreness:

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Whereas RTH seems to be able to land your MR safely most of the time, there is still a tendency for your MR to tip over if there is any slight horizontal drift leading to broken props and/or damage to motors/escs.
Better to set up a system to drop a small package close to the ground by means of a servo release mechanism - IMHO.

But I do recall a feature on the NAZA Assistant that allowed you to RTH or land at your present location such as when you are following your MR by vehicle and want to land close to your vehicle when you decide to stop.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I recommend that you take advantage of the GCS airdrop feature utilizing a conventional servo to release a payload suspended by a drop cord...... as per this feature of GCS for PCs..... see attached image.
remote landing and takeoff imposes a tremendous control handicap... IMHO.
View attachment 19731

Hi

I'm under the impression that the A2 is capable of landing at any valid waypoint autonomously through the ground station software ..

Please correct me .. is this doable out of the box ?? or I need to buy additional waypoint capability software to do it ?

Thanks a lot

Khaled

Attachments

• airdrop.JPG
    airdrop.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited by a moderator: