Camera tilt requirements for video

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I've been working on a custom mount for the last couple of months and the goal is a heavy duty mount that can do aerial video day in and day out without much tweaking. It's coming along but I just don't love any of the camera tilt mechanisms that I've tried and I'm about ready to go to a double pushrod set-up but I'm wondering if anyone else agrees with me that you don't really need to be able to shoot straight down shots that often when in video mode.
Anyone have an opinion on this?
Thanks,
Bartman

Macsgrafs

If you want to give an idea of size, or you film wildlife/trees, then you will need straight down. The way I look at it...its better to have & not use, then to need & not have!

Ross

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
the more I think about it, getting about 100 to 110 degrees of throw with double pushrods shouldn't be such a big deal and it'll make straight down possible. there's just so much tension you can load onto a servo output shaft and it makes using belts a bit problematic.
thanks,
bart

Forgive my ignorance here, but is the issue the weight of the camera and the shifting CG point relative to the pivot point?