Camera gimbal transmitter set up

Area21

Area21
Is there a industry standard for setting up the camera /gimbal transmitter in relation to what joy stick controls what function ?
For example my camera / gimbal transmitter is set as so: Mode 2. Left stick (rudder) turns the camera 360 degree rotation. Left stick (throttle) is not used. Right stick (turn and bank) angles the camera left or right from the horizontal. Right stick (elevator) tilts the camera down or up (forward for down and backwards for up). Then last week I had a go with a different set up as so: Mode 2. Left stick (rudder) angles the camera left or right from the horizontal. Left stick (throttle) is not used. Right stick (turn and bank) turns the camera 360 degree rotation. Right stick (elevator) tilts the camera down or up (forward up and backwards down). This took a bit of time to get use to but unsure if I like it. Just thought I would ask if there is a common approach ?

Old Man

Most common is to set up the camera Tx in the same manner as the flight Tx. That maintains control continuity between transmitters, eliminating control confusion where a camera operator may also serve as the flight operator at other times.

Area21

Area21
This sounds logical and is how my set up works. My reason for asking was due to this other SUAS set up which I had a go with where the camera/gimbal was very different. Thanks for your advice.

fpmurphy

I would say the second setup you mention is closer to an industry standard. At least with out of the box gimbals -

Left stick (rudder) angles the camera left or right from the horizontal. Left stick (throttle) is not used. Right stick (turn and bank) turns the camera 360 degree rotation. Right stick (elevator) tilts the camera down or up (forward up and backwards down).

This is the default configuration for both the Movi and the Ronin.

Area21

Area21
I see there are merits in both. I might therefore make the changes and have a play to see what it feels like. Thanks oldman and fpmurphy.