Call for beta test of DJI Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal

gallusfr

Hi DJI,

full expert with my S800 Z15 NEX7 and GH3, and others systems...
interresting to be beta testing the news systems,
interresting to use for falcon chase in Emirates...

Thanks

Francis Galluser
XIO aerial

francis.galluser@xio.fr

French user

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi DJI,

full expert with my S800 Z15 NEX7 and GH3, and others systems...
interresting to be beta testing the news systems,
interresting to use for falcon chase in Emirates...

Thanks

Francis Galluser
XIO aerial

francis.galluser@xio.fr

French user

guys,

the original post asked you to PM them via RCGroups so that may be what it will take for you to be considered.

thomhall

I would like to participate in this beta test if there are any available spots left. I have a phantom, hero 3, and have been using a 2 axis bradatech gimbal. have experimented with Graupner and carbon fiber blades, and use a fatshark attitude for FPV.

Any of tester receive their gimbal yet? Alexmos board is out of stock worldwide, it's time for DJI to release the gimbal, if it's only $100-$200 more than the yun-1, I will buy this gimbal as I hates PID adjusting or Is it PHD?

danielleemartin

Where do I apply

Where do I apply to become a Beta tester for this gimbal. Love the Phantom and can't wait to use this. Daniel Lee Martin

DJI is going to release the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal(beta samples) for GoPro Hero 3. In order to help all customers to understand it well, DJI would like to offer beta test for friendly users, so that the customers can understand the new product features from the perspective of "users".
Note: The testing gimbal is a sample without warranty.

We are looking for beta testers who:
1) knows well of the multi-rotor flight control systems and the characteristics of the multi-rotor, has the experience in using DJI products;
2) own DJI Phantom, NAZA-M or Wookong-M at least which bought from DJI authorized dealers;
3) own GoPro Hero3 at least;
4) will provide an objective report within 1 week after receiving the gimbal, including at least one outdoor video. And share your experience as detail as possible in the forum to help the novice;
5) actively respond to the technical questions raised in the forum;
6) authorize DJI to use the testing videos.

Application procedure:
Applicator sends private messages to DJI innovations for beta test application which shows your multi-rotor experience and satisfied aerial videos, we will go through all the applications, and post the tester list in the thread.

Friendly users’ benefits:
1) use the Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal free of charge, and send back the sample to your dealer after one month;
2) get the Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal with half-price when the gimbal officially released;
3) be considered as a friendly user for the next beta test of a new product according to the quality of the video, feedback and constructive suggestions.

[video]http://player.vimeo.com/video/62966103[/video]

Burntpixel

What I find amazing runs along the lines of how just about every manufacturer and wannabe manufacturer of these gimbals for the Gopro series of cameras can not seem to understand basic camera needs, I.E LENS PROTECTION!

You nic or scratch that fisheye lens on a Gopro and its pretty much useless! Think about it for a moment. There is a good reason Gopro puts that camera in a protective housing and its not just to make it waterproof.The coating on the Gopro lens needs that protection. Now everyone seems to be flying the Gopro without the housing????? and DJI never really offered an alternative as evident with that factory mount that comes stock with the current Phantom.

People also need to realize putting a Gopro on a brushless gimbal is NOT a guarantee that you will not get the rolling shutter effect. That jello is something inherent with a fully automatic camera that uses a CMOS chip. Gopro cameras adjust their shutter speed electronically in place of a true iris as these cameras do not have a true iris or shutter for that matter.

During a bright day in order for the Gopro to not blow out the image that electronic shutter speeds up exponentially in order to adjust for a proper exposure. That high shutter speed correction drives a CMOS chip nutz,hence the dreaded jello effect. Then add to the mix high frequency vibrations from a mass produced quad and you end up getting hundreds of youtube video,s that hurt to watch.:strawberry:

The first manufacturer to make a compact Gopro housing with screw on filter abilities (Think 55MM ND and Polarizer) not some half assed:upset: snap on or clip on affair AND a 1/4-20 hole in the top and bottom of that housing will change the aerial video acquisition landscape BIG TIME! :tennis:

Breezemont

I made this:
View attachment 11467

A 55mm that hasn't been shaved down will give the tiniest bit of vignetting at 1080 wide on an H2.

Attachments

• P1010686.JPG
    P1010686.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 239
Last edited by a moderator:

Mr_Wheels

Added date

Any of tester receive their gimbal yet? Alexmos board is out of stock worldwide, it's time for DJI to release the gimbal, if it's only $100-$200 more than the yun-1, I will buy this gimbal as I hates PID adjusting or Is it PHD?

DJI have sent me the tracking number and I shall be testing it soon.

Estimated delivery :
Wed 5/15/2013 6:00 pm

Last edited by a moderator: