Calibrate ESC's to what?

Lagreca

When you calibrate your ESC's, what exactly are you calibrating them to? I'm assuming it is too the flight controller they are connected to, for its mini and max output.

I ask because I wanted to know if I need to re-calibrate the ESC's if I put a new flight controller board in?

Thanks.

kloner

Aerial DP
it is usually the radio that your calibrating them to, each brand has a slightly different bottom, middle and top pulse width....... that will be the same pulse width your throttle channel in teh flight controller will receive. we use a 4 into 1 servo lead so i can calibrate 4 at a time.... the only exception is if your using dji or any simonK firmware based esc, there is no calibrating needed, they have fixed endpoints and you can only screw it up programing them

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I have not calibrated my Afro ESC's on my TBS Discovery Pro and they are working perfectly.

Pete

kloner

Aerial DP
when you buy simonK firmware esc they come with a preset number inside them, usually 1100-1900 endpoints and there nice and even. if you calibrate with a jr radio it can make them calibrated at the wrong endpoints to where you gotta get to a futaba radio to reprogram in the proper endpoints or jimmy the jr radio to full endpoints on the throttle and recalibrate...... left alone is the best bet. Not saying they won't calibrate, saying you really don't want to cause there already set.

dji made theres so there flat out is no calibration mode..... there by far and away the easiest to use//////