Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Buying used

Discussion in 'Beginners Drone Forum' started by groundrush, Apr 12, 2014.

1. groundrush

groundrush Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Posted by groundrush, Apr 12, 2014 #1
    I have had a good hunt around and cant seem to find anything but is there any good tips on buying a used quadcopter ?

TIA

Tags:
  2. PeteDee

PeteDee Mr take no prisoners!

Mar 13, 2013
    Dot
    Posted by PeteDee, Apr 12, 2014 #2
    I would be reluctant to buy used especially if it was a complete unit and every single detail was not documented. That said at the right price and if it was local I might be tempted.

You really do need to do your homework, if you are not 100% sure what the item is and what it is worth then asking here can help of course, try and avoid gear that is not mainstream unless you are 100% sure, more used gear will be along soon at a better price anyway.

With the low price of new you do need to be very careful that you are not buying someone else's problems.

Generally I would not buy used unless it was local and I could handle the item.

Good luck.

Pete

3. groundrush

groundrush Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Posted by groundrush, Apr 12, 2014 #3
    thx pete

4. MJW

MJW Member

Jan 30, 2020
    Washington State
    Posted by MJW, Jan 30, 2020 #4
    I don't know where you're located but Craigslist has a lot of hobby quitter's selling off nice package deals.

I scored a immaculate Wizard 220x, transmitter, bunch of spare props, FPV goggles, 5 4s batteries, Imax 6b charger, Holy Stone HS200, transmitter, 5 batteries and a crash kit for $100

Both fly great, Holy Stones batteries are questionable but got more on the way.