Buying my first GPS drone. Have a question about altitude.

X5uw_newb

SInce I lost confidence trying to fix my X5uw at the moment I decided to take the money from fixing that and going with a GPS Drone. the SJRC F11 Pro Based on what I saw from reviews like that from BillM it seems to be a great drone for the money. I definitely like that it seems fast and easy to fly and I will play around with the video making too.

Whes it comes to GPS drones, I was wondering what happens when you try to fly into a ravine or down a cliffside? I plan on doing that and was thinking it may freak out when it sees a loss of altitude. Has anyone tried?

Jason S

if you fly a drone into a covered airspace it will lose gps signal and go into manual or crash be careful

X5uw_newb

Jason,

Thanks for weighing in. I really doubt ill take it into a covered air space, but I will be flying it off the edge of a cliff that overlooks the beach. Depending on location it will vary from a few feet to 1500 feet. If i have any issues an attempt to return to home or land automatically I was curious how it will react. If I were to lose wifi and line of sight I would have to use RTH and wouldn't want any issues.

Thanks

if you fly a drone into a covered airspace it will lose gps signal and go into manual or crash be careful

Jason S

set your RTH height point as max if possible most of those cheaper drones will come home but will attempt at the same height it was flying at so if was down at the bottom of the cliff and rth activated it would fly into the cliff.