Buyers Remorse???

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... Ask yourself this question....

Why?

Just because DJI has stolen the march on the other outfits, with their neat and tidy products and their massive marketing efforts, it does not give them licence to screw their own customers with poor quality control or indifferent after sales service.

Why?

Just because DJI has stolen the march on the other outfits, with their neat and tidy products and their massive marketing efforts, it does not give them licence to screw their own customers with poor quality control or indifferent after sales service.

I'm not sure anyone has given them license. In fact I believe we all agree that their customer service is on par with many companies who, once they have your money, could care less how long service or customer service takes.
It seems like the mantra of the millennium. Get the money and run.

Steveinid

What amazes me is the number of people who just dive right in and start flying MRs without even bothering to read the documentation. I could be wrong, but my sense is that, for better or worse, DJI is selling *way* more than any of its competitors. Further, they're the first with kits that don't *require* assembly from scratch and lot's of technical skills to get into the air. Even though I'm handy with a computer, soldering iron, and digital multimeter, it was the Phantom with Zen H3-2D that got me into this hobby. To some hardcore MR hobbyists, the Phantom is a toy. But the inaccuracy of that view is obvious from the thousands of posted videos taken with P1 and now P2 setups. This gives DJI access to creating and serving a portion of the MR market that is not yet ready for much of DJI's competition. The great unwashed masses who just charge the battery and go out and fly, for better or worse....

Why are you amazed? That is how all of this is sold. That is the purpose of this very thread I started. I was sold on a product thinking I could just go out and fly it without much instruction. And... that is pretty much what I did. Now that I know more I'm wondering if I missed out on something.

I watched most of the DJI videos and thought I knew what I should know. I expected a good manual when I got my P2V but it was mysteriously missing. I only got some kind of quick start guide. Do I need more than that? I don't know. How can I know? I didn't know there was a downloadable manual until after I started this thread. I didn't know what the Assistant software was until about a week ago as well. They don't tell you this stuff. This is all after I spent hours watching all the videos from DJI and other youtubers. I probably skipped over something or overlooked a video or two, but overall I looked into it.

So, don't be amazed when you are cruising down the road and there is some guy with a grin on his face flying his Phantom for the very first time... not knowing if he calibrated the compass properly or if he needed to run an advanced calibration through the software assistant (or whatever it is called).

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Not really 'amazed', just disappointed that, as Stitch said, this is how things are.

As for the manuals and general information about the products again, today everything is veering towards pdf downloads, rather than included paper manuals. Something else that I detest. A paper manual is so much easier to flip through and read than a blasted computer screen pdf.

The manuafacturers could at least include a small note informing buyers that manuals and instruction videos are available online.

Steveinid

Not really 'amazed', just disappointed that, as Stitch said, this is how things are.

As for the manuals and general information about the products again, today everything is veering towards pdf downloads, rather than included paper manuals. Something else that I detest. A paper manual is so much easier to flip through and read than a blasted computer screen pdf.

The manuafacturers could at least include a small note informing buyers that manuals and instruction videos are available online.

Much agreed.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I tend to agree with you..... based on personal experience with many successful flight with the NAZA as well as the WKM and soon the A2. The issues I did run in to were due to F550 modifications when larger motors/props were not properly balanced..... initially I though the NAZA control system was faulty.... but thanks to a lot of support here on MRF I traced the problem back to me!!!

I did alot of research before I bought my DJI products. I read all the fly away threads and spent alot of time on social media sites researching my purchase. From what I have seen there is very few legitimate "flyaways". Most problems that people have are found in the manual no one reads and there are a couple people out there that just hate DJI for whatever reason and they spend alot of time saying negative things about the company. I have had no issues with my DJI products and any questions I have had were easily answered between the manual and forums. Some people just need their hands held through every step and I think the vast majority of DJI users are happy with their products.

Droid

No, this level of automotive sophication isn't available in Czech republic yet.
But I think it would fly well - it is made of plastic. However, I wouldn't put a NAZA controller in it, unless I would like to experience random FlyTrabantAwaysz