Built in bec for gimbal servos?

Dudez

I am using maytech esc with power lead unpluged in my craft. Instead of using another bec for the two gimbal servos using Y harness, can I use two of the maytech becs to power the two servos using esc extension cable? I was thinking of removing the power lead of the servo extension cable on the servo side and plug in the power lead/pin from the Maytec esc.

AIRCONROB

Dudez, what gimbal are you useing, and what is your controller? My advice would be to use a BEC as some controllers have a limit on amps drawn. Depending on what gimbal you have I would say a 5-7amp BEC you'll be safe with.

Cheers

Rob.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Dudez, your ESCs are you life line on you copter. The less you give them to work the more safe you system will be ! The Story behind disconnection the BECs from the ESCs and not connecting them to the MC was that certain users got high temps on their ESC since the BECs were feeding the MC. Of coarse not all ESCs will show this behavior and you can use your BECs from the ESCs to power the gimbal servos. Also depending if they give out the desired V and A for your servos !

The better solution though is to leave you BECs completly out of the game and to power you gimbal servos from a seperate BECs, that cant effect any other components if it goes down the drain !.

Boris

Dudez

I am using Xaircraft gimbal for GoPro. FC is WKM. I am going to use a separate bec for servos instead of using the power from the controller BUT instead of using an additional bec, they are already 4 built-in becs in the 4 Maytec escs (3A) that aren't being used so I was wondering if I can use them instead.

Cheers

Dudez

Hi Dudez, your ESCs are you life line on you copter. The less you give them to work the more safe you system will be ! The Story behind disconnection the BECs from the ESCs and not connecting them to the MC was that certain users got high temps on their ESC since the BECs were feeding the MC. Of coarse not all ESCs will show this behavior and you can use your BECs from the ESCs to power the gimbal servos. Also depending if they give out the desired V and A for your servos !

The better solution though is to leave you BECs completly out of the game and to power you gimbal servos from a seperate BECs, that cant effect any other components if it goes down the drain !.

Boris

Fair enough - Ok I think I'll get a standalone bec for the servo and leave those ESCs alone.

Thanks for the advice.

Dudez

The servos are the Xaircraft servos.. they are the ones that come with the Xaircraft GoPro camera mount. I can't really find the specs for those servos.

Any advise on the most suitable bec for these servos? CC 10A should be ok?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast

Both are totally suitable. CC Becs are of very good quality and 10A will allow you to hook out addtional stuff to it if that dosent cause any noise for you servos which it shouldnt ! If you order the CC 10 A you need the usb connection thingi two. So price wise its a lot. I had some bad expieriences with cheaper BECs and will stick to CC becs from now on !

Boris

Dudez

BTW, what is the best way to connect the bec?

Use servo 2 extension wires with power leads removed in between servos and MC and Use Y harness (power lead only) from bec to servos extension cables on servo side?

Or

Remove power lead on servo wires from the plug on the MC and connect those power lead to bec via Y harness?

or any other better way?

Cheers

Dudez

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Yellow black red from the servo. You connect the yellow cable from the Servo to the MC and the Red and black cables from both servos you connect with the red and black cable form the BEC. Thats it

Boris