brushlessgimbals.com Cinestar conversion - any good?

see red below ....too expensive..... well they are 15% right now at this location..... http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/299926814.html. I just ordered one.

For all of you guys who want their Cinestar converted to brushless, here is information about it; Aliexpress seller Famoushobby has all parts you need for conversion kit, but they are not listed in their webshop, you need following items for full kit as brushlessgimbals sells; MV014 (roll cage for 5208 motor - $104), MV012 (tilt cage for 5208 motor - $84), MV016 (pan cage for 5208 motor - $80), CS028 (dual adjustable tilt bar with shaft mount - $33), MV005 (tilt shaft - $25) and optionally CS022-02 (adjustable camera rail for better balance - $45).

All together - $371 for hardware - shipping is almost free (few bucks)
Motors - 3x iPower 5208 - $53 each - $159 total
Final price: $530 for everything!

They also have 8017 motors cages (around $130 each) if anyone is interested, but they are too expensive if you ask me.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I wont recommend pan conversion without reduction gear, especially if you fly heavier cam. You can do a little research on official Cinestar forum where are conversion threads and see that people have problems because 5208 do not have enough of torque on pan axis, especially when you are flying in windy situations. Use your old 3rd axis with legs and just add 5208 to it, simply as that. :)

Teco

For all of you guys who want their Cinestar converted to brushless, here is information about it; Aliexpress seller Famoushobby has all parts you need for conversion kit, but they are not listed in their webshop, you need following items for full kit as brushlessgimbals sells; MV014 (roll cage for 5208 motor - $104), MV012 (tilt cage for 5208 motor - $84), MV016 (pan cage for 5208 motor - $80), CS028 (dual adjustable tilt bar with shaft mount - $33), MV005 (tilt shaft - $25) and optionally CS022-02 (adjustable camera rail for better balance - $45).

They also have 8017 motors cages (around $130 each) if anyone is interested, but they are too expensive if you ask me.

well, i bought the mv026 z2 3 axis PAN MOTOR CAGE, but i can't find the roll cage and the tilt cage. where did you buy from?
teco

Last edited by a moderator:

aopen3434@hotmail.com

http://offthegridwater.ca

well, i bought the mv026 z2 3 axis PAN MOTOR CAGE, but i can't find the roll cage and the tilt cage. where did you buy from?
teco

http://offthegridwater.ca you can find the cages

aopen3434@hotmail.com

http://offthegridwater.ca
yes buddy
special is on all motor cages all 4 x 8017 motors or 5 motor cages, 3 x 8017 motors cages & 2 x 5206 motors cages for $900
email them give you a deal on 2 cages .

Thanks for the head's up aopen3434.... Good to see you have a business here in Canada that I can deal with in the future if/when the need arises.
Still not clear where the mismatch is but as a last resort our team has CF plate and a CNC machine...... and adjusting a 4 hole bolt pattern should be easy.

lol I see you got some parts that do not go together.

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
Knock-off carbon fiber plate is simply the very heavy G10 polyester resin + fiberglass plate that is made to look like carbon fiber plate for cosmetic purposes only..... It is very heavy material and should be avoided.

Real carbon fiber plate is chosen for MRs because of the optimal strength to weight ratio needed to maximize flight time etc.
The only material that has a higher strength to weight ratio would be nanotube impregnated carbon fiber plate which is not commercially available at this time because of the extreme costs to manufacture.

Have you guys found Famous Hobby to deliver real carbon fiber parts? Or are they one of the “knock-offs”?

Lanzar

No such thing as knock off carbon fiber parts just because you GOT them from a specific sources! They are made from the same material cut with the same type of CNC MACHINE! Brushlessgimbal.ca quality is much hi yer than quadcopter.com I guarantee it. In adition you do not know where quadcopter dot com gets its parts

Common please do not write this on forum. All the stuff from aliexpress and brushlessgimball is the same stuf tha most off us sell. But carbon is fake and it is all a cnockoff from freefly. But we or quadrocopter dont sell freefly original brushless kit cause one does not exist. And do not write stuff here for which you dont have any clue at all. Like you know where quadrokopter buys their parts. The stuf from aliexpress is not carbon but chesp fiberglass with fake carbon coat on top and bottom.

iscorama

Common please do not write this on forum. All the stuff from aliexpress and brushlessgimball is the same stuf tha most off us sell. But carbon is fake and it is all a cnockoff from freefly. But we or quadrocopter dont sell freefly original brushless kit cause one does not exist. And do not write stuff here for which you dont have any clue at all. Like you know where quadrokopter buys their parts. The stuf from aliexpress is not carbon but chesp fiberglass with fake carbon coat on top and bottom.

Im not sure did I understand you right. Famoushobby gimbals that kopterworx is selling (you purchased a couple on aliexpress) is not real carbon than fiberglass with fake carbon coat?

When purchasing from AliExpress, pay close attention to the source supplier of the items you are looking for.
In the case of Famous Hobby Shop, all their Cinestar kits and Cinestar replacement parts are 100% carbon fiber except for the solid aluminum components of course.
Where the confusion may be is with other products sold by Famous Hobby Shop which are specifically made of G10 with CF cosmetic surface layer.... but they make that clear on their web site.
If you dig deeper you may also discover that their prices are not much better than the equivalent parts sold here in NA by Quadrocopter USA and others.
And when you buy locally, you get faster delivery and often better service.

Have you guys found Famous Hobby to deliver real carbon fiber parts? Or are they one of the “knock-offs”?