Brushless gimbals for a Phantom

I've seen the few popular ones advertised
Zenmuse
Tarot
Arris CM 2000

there any others out there that are good gimbals that have a decent price tag on them ?

I saw a thread about the one on Goodluck buy that caught some guys Phantom on fire.
LI've not seen a thread out there comparing all the ones that are made for the Phantom. If there is one ... Plz send me the link. Thanks
p

ohshme

I've seen the few popular ones advertised
Zenmuse
Tarot
Arris CM 2000

there any others out there that are good gimbals that have a decent price tag on them ?

I saw a thread about the one on Goodluck buy that caught some guys Phantom on fire.
LI've not seen a thread out there comparing all the ones that are made for the Phantom. If there is one ... Plz send me the link. Thanks
p

Well I just got the Tarot and love it so far, its super easy to use and for $185.00 its pretty cheap. It take a little to mount it, but not hard. The only problem Im having is updating the software, but Ill figure it out. My friend has the 700 dollar Zenmuse, so far its working great for him, but no better then the Tarot, so why spend the extra money. But also I have read a lot of issues with the Zenmuse. I havent read or looked up anything on the Arris CM 2000. I hope this helps a little.

plima

+1 on the Tarot. No issues for me. It does an amazing job, in some ways it's better than the zenmuse(slightly smoother on the roll IMHO). In some ways it's not(has a slight horizon drift sometimes). You do have to get different landing gear though as it sits lower than the zenmuse. Shot this yesterday with it...
Cropped it in from 2.7K, but no warp stabilizer used.

Last edited by a moderator:

ohshme

where did you get your Tarot ? any jello issues ?

I got my Tarot from Ebay, from China. mine flies great as well, I didn't need new landing gear. Just go to a hard ware store and buy some plastic spacers for 38 cents. super easy. You'll need 8 of them. The only problem Im having with the gimbal is that I can't get it to update to the new firmware. Still trying to find a solution. So if anyone knows, please help. :)

It's good to hear so many good things about the Tarot. A buddy of mine at my club has one and preaches it; for the low price, I think I'm going to go for one.

I do have a Zenmuse. Here is footage from my maiden flights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GtHnb5WUho

I am overall very pleased. I haven't played much with my X3 pan knob yet but I think that will create some even more unique shots. For someone who has been struggling with vibration issues on old gimbal units, this was magic. The actual unit is very sleek and easy to setup/use.