Broken Motor? Opinion Needed!

Zipbambop

Hey everyone!!

So I built my own quadcopter with the instructions from the UAVfutures guy on Youtube.
Anyways, it has worked really well so far, but today, I finally hooked up the actual FPV components and gave it a whirl with the goggles on for the first time.

So while I am not 100% sure what happened (because I had the FPV goggles on) I, at a low speed and altitude crashed into a bush in my backyard. Now I am having motor difficulties. Basically, it spins at low speed, but once more power is applied, it craps out. So maybe it's an ESC issue and maybe it's a motor issue - they are Racestar motors. Here is a video of the issue:

If anyone can watch the video and let me know your opinion that would be awesome!!!

Also - if it is a motor issue is there anyway to take it apart and fix it or am I better off simply buying a new one?

Thank you for everyone's time!

-T

Spflyer

Leo C
Switch the motor to another position and test it again. If it's the questionable motor acts funny in the new position its the motor. If the motor you switched into the previously bad spot acts strange then it's most likely the esc. On any build I do I always purchase a spare motor and esc as they are prone to failure in a crash. Also, check your wires carefully. They're easily torn up in a crash.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Zipbambop

Switch the motor to another position and test it again. If it's the questionable motor acts funny in the new position its the motor. If the motor you switched into the previously bad spot acts strange then it's most likely the esc. On any build I do I always purchase a spare motor and esc as they are prone to failure in a crash. Also, check your wires carefully. They're easily torn up in a crash.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Hello! Thank you for getting back to me. So I switched the esc lead to a different motor, and it produced the same result. So yeah it's definitely the esc! I tried to look up ways for a DIY fix, but it looks fairly complicated to diagnose so I opted to buy a new one. Just gotta wait those 7-12 days from banggood. Thank you again!!