Broken F550 frame & ESC not working

Handsup

Hi there guys,

I crashed my F550 about 20meters directly to the ground. I broke my landing gear, one prop and the bottom central frame of the F550.

I was really lucky, it was a 20metres free fall to the ground and i stell got my gimbal working and almost everything.

The problem is that one of the ESC dosen't work.

I broke the frame really close where the ESC power cables connect to the bottom frame.

And i don't know if that is the reason that it's dosen't work? And anyone knows how can i test the ESC so i can be sure that is broken?

I leave some pictures here.

View attachment 18066
View attachment 18067

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 363
  • image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 335

soler

try swapping your motors around to the bad esc, if the old motor works on a new esc and the new motor does not work with the old ESC then it is most likely you esc is damaged. You can plus the ESC directly into your receiver if you wan to avoid going through the FC.

If it is the ESC then you can peal away the heat shrink tubing to see if any of the solder joints are bad, thats about it other than replacement.

From your pictures it looks like the red wire to the esc has become unsoldered, it needs power to work. Your going to need a new bottom plate anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsup

I already manege to find the problem!!! The soldering wasn't ok! I'm waiting for my new frame. Then i will set up the copter alone :) i'ts going to be really good for understanding all the process.

Wish me luck.

Thank you anyway :)