Bridge Inspections

keensg

President, geoResource Technologies, Inc.
Can anyone provide me with the names of companies (preferably on the East Coast) that have solid experience doing (complex) bridge inspections? I saw an older thread on the Forums, but I am assuming that more of this professional-level work has been done recently. There is surprisingly little information on the WEB and it seems to be dominated by some good work done by the Minnesota Department of Transportation and they mention working with Collins Engineers and Unmanned Experts. Does anyone have any experience of other companies that have carried out this work?

I would think its still a fledgling industry and wide open. Industrial inspections and agriculture are two areas that are screaming to be exploited by multirotors. Companies are out there doing it but they have only scratched the surface. I have only seen a handful of web links to sites that do this kind of work and a lot of times their just trying to develop a business where there is none to begin with. Tons of people are doing photography but very few are actually doing other things. It could really be a profitable niche business once someone figures out how to make it work.

Old Man

John over at Addictive RC was handling some of this type of work for one state or another. He's out of Tucson, AZ. Steadidrone makes a quad that's just about ideal for it.

violetwolf

It's a pretty specialized field. I've looked into high rise crane inspection as I have friend in the industry. Theres a LOT more to it than taking pictures. There's specific engineering knowledge required, procedures, documentation protocols, certification etc etc.

Not an easy (or cheap) nut to crack.