Boscam rx-lcd5802 FPV Monitor with DJI AVL58 Tx Connection Help

Hello, I have a Boscam 7' Monitor w/ built in Dual 5.8Ghz Video Receiver and DJI AVL58 Tx

I read these are compatible. So when I hook everything up via DJI IOSD MARK II. The only display I am receiving on the monitor is the iOSD info and a gray screen (see pic). I have a DJI S800 Evo with WKM and Z15, Sony Nex7

Is there is something I am missing that the video display from the camera is not transmitting the video feed to the monitor? Is there a setting on the camera I need to connect? I run the Channel search and this is the best feed I get, any help would be great. Because the monitor has a bulit in receiver, I am not using the AVL58 Receiver?
View attachment 18031

Attachments

• photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 354

Only the tiny FPV cameras and the GoPro cameras have the capability of natively transmitting video live out thru composite analog i/f.
However there are now some hdmi to analog converters that may make this possible with some newer cameras that have the hdmi port such as the following: http://www.rcshutter.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=90

Even the GoPro requires a built in 100k resistor to signal the GoPro video to transmit.
In any case you have a successful video downlink system showing the OSD just not the camera video yet....
Wishing you the best with your FPV project.

Last edited by a moderator:

soler

Hi,

It looks like your connections from iOSD to the DJI AVL58 Tx is working fine and also you connection from DJI AVL58 Tx to your Boscam Monitor is working as you can see you IOSD,

The problem is your connection from your camera to you IOSD, on the iOSD MK2 there is a possibility to toggle 2 camera, check that you are plugging your camera into the right port on the IOSD.

To help more which camera are you using and how is this connected?

Hi,

It looks like your connections from iOSD to the DJI AVL58 Tx is working fine and also you connection from DJI AVL58 Tx to your Boscam Monitor is working as you can see you IOSD,

The problem is your connection from your camera to you IOSD, on the iOSD MK2 there is a possibility to toggle 2 camera, check that you are plugging your camera into the right port on the IOSD.

To help more which camera are you using and how is this connected?

View attachment 18077View attachment 18078View attachment 18079
I am using a Sony Nex7 camera.

Ive attached some pictures to show you the way it is connected right now? Also, I have an HDMI that should connect my camera to live video feed..

Any suggestions...

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 363
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 374
  • photo(6).JPG
    photo(6).JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 663

soler

From the pictures I still cannot see where the video input to the OSD is coming from ? There should be a headphone like connector coming from the ZEN to the OSD.

Yes, I have the video input connector in (see pictures)View attachment 18121View attachment 18122

My camera is a Sony Nex7... I have the HDMI connector plugged into the camera also. Am I missing anything. I am not sure what to do with that Control Signal Input Port.

Attachments

• photo 1(1).JPG
    photo 1(1).JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 271
  • photo 2(1).JPG
    photo 2(1).JPG
    48 KB · Views: 271