Black magic cinema camera

yeehaanow

Looks awesome for ground shooting.
For aerials...Rolling shutter looks pretty fast, still there. No 60p yet, almost 4lbs w/out lens and the battery is built-in so no saving weight there. NO A/V out, only SDI. That's a real bummer. Just got my HDMI converter running. :(
The best is the resolution and dynamic range. Will be stellar for sunsets and bright sky/ dark ground that is so common. Having the extra res to smoothcam and still end up scaling down to 1080 will be awesome.
Pretty sure it's the camera for me, and I will definitely put it in the air too.

yeehaanow

Yes, but that converter is $800!!
Not to mention you would want to take it out of the metal box.. voiding warranty no doubt.

anaka

WOW! very interesting competitor for RED!

but the developers didn't considered our field maybee...

cant waith to see some good BlackMagic vs Others videos

and cant waith to see someone fly it!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

tikigod19

Would this be a stills and video camera or video only? Funny form factor for video only but didn't think the full size bmc did stills

SMP

Just about any smallish DSLR can take a decent still but would be nice to get pro b-roll (and who knows, add a brushless gimbal and the BMCC Raw could be realllllly good) video in a much smaller form factor than the FS700+ and up range.

(Caveat... BMCC has managed to get oooooh so close before and just miss... this could be no exception.)

The sleeper here may just be the BMCC 4K Cam - S35 sensor gets rid of ridiculous crop factor plus a global shutter.. BMCC has already shown it can play quality wise with the RED folks within reason. THAT cam could be an alternative to hauling Epics around.

(Again... same Caveat...)

Last edited by a moderator: