Black and white picture from DJI video downlink

zeng

Hi,

Has anybody experienced the problem of black and white picture from DJI video downlink? I've got Zenmuse for GH2. I verified HDMI straight from the camera, everything's fine. Tried connecting a different video tx - no difference. So I guess it's a faulty HDMI conversion on Zenmuse?

Ged

zeng

Thanks! I was certain I knew it, and it was NTSC. PAL gave me no picture at all. But somehow today I tried once again and PAL was ok! I swear I've tried it before :). Anyway, great autumn weather outside these days, gonna go for some landscape hunting with zenmuse tomorrow.. Luckily, mine is the old version of GPS.. And I had no issues with S800 after all MCU and ESC updates.. Fingers crossed.

I cant seem to find that option anywhere. I am probably just missing it. Do you have any tips on where to find and change that setting in the GH2?

vislaw

Last edited by a moderator:

vislaw

SO I did the same thing. BUT the problem is now it records in PAL. Why would the output change the actual recording??

I'm not sure what you mean. PAL is a frame rate (25 frames per second). Thus, when you switch to PAL you are recording 25 frames per second as opposed to NTSC, which is 29.97 fps. Thus, if you switch to PAL you are recording at 25 frames per second. I prefer the PAL rate as being close to film (24 fps) for my work.

If you do not want to deal with PAL and prefer NTSC your DJI dealer should give you a free board replacement for your Z15 that fixes the NTSC issues and lets you work with your GH2 in NTSC mode.

hifidiaries

YEs I am in contact with them... I even have the newest V3 board. My question is is there a way to only change the HDMI out to PAL, not the actual recording? The zenmuse only needs to see PAL to work in Color

vislaw

YEs I am in contact with them... I even have the newest V3 board. My question is is there a way to only change the HDMI out to PAL, not the actual recording? The zenmuse only needs to see PAL to work in Color

You're going to get the same output that you record with out of the HDMI output. So you have to choose PAL or NTSC. I get fine color output shooting NTSC now that I have the new board installed. You are saying that you still can't see color out of your HDMI when you shoot NTSC?

hifidiaries

Thanks for the reply, and yes, if the camera is set to NTSC it is Black and White. The only way i can switch it is obviously by hacking the firmware. If left factory, it is just NTSC and Black and white. When hacked, It is the same, unless I flip it to PAL. then there is color.

I should also mention I have had multiple boards, first the V2 board, and now the V3 board. I have a really big shoot coming up on a Feature film, and the last thing I want to do is offer the goggles to the awarded DP, and say "Oh btw, it's in B/W, unless you want to film in PAL..."

Did you have the same issue then? What boards were you dealing with? Who did you go through to get a new board? I'd love to chat if possible... I'll PM you my number