Binding RX- Can You Use LiPo As Power To RX When Binding?

genesc

I see video's on binding but never see where the power wire comes from.

Any help would be thankful

Gene

tstrike

pendejo grande
The rx power comes from the bec in your speed controller. It drops the battery voltage down to 5v, otherwise you'd fry your rx. If using dji naza, they're optos (no built in bec) the led unit acts as your bec and drops voltage down to your rx. For regular speed controllers with a built in bec, hook up your battery to an esc + and - then hook that esc to your throttle channel of your rx, that should power up your rx for binding.

Last edited by a moderator:

genesc

Thanks for your answer. I guess I fried my FrSky V8FR-II. The red light still blinks when I try to bind it to radio but it does not bind.

Gene

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
every receiver has a useable voltage range. there should be a spec somewhere that states the min and max voltage that can be applied to the receiver. most receivers are happy with 4.8V which is what the old 4 cell NiCad packs were. new "high voltage" receivers are compatible with up to 2 cell LiPo power at nominal 7.4 volts. check your specs before jumping to any conclusions. if you used 3 or 4 cell LiPo power then chances are good that you did indeed fry the receiver but where I've fried stuff the lights stopped working.

bart

Attachments

• [G{3RLP`(CY}{N`J[WJ_1H5.jpg
    [G{3RLP`(CY}{N`J[WJ_1H5.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 132