Best way to use a torque driver?

Old Man

IMO, there will always be a lower weight limit for this - the authorities will never have sufficient processing capacity (or will) to impose it on all aircraft. There is still opportunity to shape and guide the policy, especially in making sure that it is fair and workable - viz. the recent discussion in this thread on the UK CAA's illogical and inconsistent treatment of weight divisions.

We would hope since the CAA already does this. We're off topic but the U.S. FAA does things a bit differently but the same in ways. I anticipate the FAA will use the methodology they already have established since to do otherwise would entail a massive restructuring of the regulatory process. Inasmuch as that would be a formidable task I'll presume they would adopt a class similar to "Light Sport" for equipment such as we use. Such a classification would instantly prohibit use in any commercial aerial endeavor and place serious limits on how the aircraft was used. The authorities don't care about processing capability since they leave all of the cost and efforts of certification to the manufacturers, requiring only data documentation for processing. Then again, massive delays in processing would work to their benefit if the intent was to remove all commercial aircraft from civil airspace that were not already certificated or operating under blanket waivers previously obtained through aerospace giants.

Sorry, I'm one that plans for the worst and hopes for the best.

Carapau,

Your comment on radio connectors might be more appropriate than you know. JST type connectors are already illegal for use in most certificated aircraft, and one of the reasons connectors such as cannons are used in both civil and military U.S. aircraft.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
...Carapau,

Your comment on radio connectors might be more appropriate than you know. JST type connectors are already illegal for use in most certificated aircraft, and one of the reasons connectors such as cannons are used in both civil and military U.S. aircraft.

It was actually my comment. Canon connectors? This just gets better and better. Just imagine if some NAA twerp gets hold of that idea! 150kg weight category here we come.