best setting for a go pro 3

1275mini

just got hold of a go pro3 black to mount on my dji 550 and i need a bit of help what is the best setting for the camera ?
not to sure what to set it at !
tried the std setting but the video was a very slow !:upset::upset:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
There is only one reason your video would be slow and that would be you are playing back at a slower frame rate than you recorded in. Or do you not mean slow in that way?

most take advantage of the gp3's 1080/60p mode.

1275mini

i downloaded fron the card with cineform converted it and played it and was stopping and starting on play back very slow

1275mini

was running at 1440 but now i have changed it to 1080/60 will that help ? still i am still learning !!
i can only get better

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Ok. Starting/stopping would mean choppy playback. That's most likely your computer. Some apps like vlc are not very smooth with higher frame rates. Try a smaller 720/30p video and see if it does this. Regardless you can still edit and export your final video so it plays smoothly on your computer or YouTube.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
It's not to say there isn't something going on with the gopro or more likely the ad card but this choppy playback is normally your computer.

Dubliners

I think it may be your computer too. I'm having the same problem which is prompting to get a faster one as Irish Aerial suggests ;)
one thing Ive noticed too. I was taking still shots of my house for giggles and I was at about 70-80 feet. That's way too high for detail with a GP3. If you're going to try some stills try less than 50 feet.

Hi
Hope this helps. It's you computer from what ice seen. There are some thing to look at. To reduce jello you need to record at around 60 fps, 720p is goods but as you know 1080p is better. No point going any higher as most people then won't be able to watch it. The next thing is you computer, you need a good processor and at least 8 Gb of Ram. It all because at 60fps and 1080p you are working a lot of information into your PC. I us a iMac 27', I had 4 Gb of ram and a 2.5 processor. When I recorded 60fps @ 1080p through Final Cut Pro the video stopped and started and sometimes the sound came in as I played but the picture was stills. I spoke to Apple, they told me to increase the ram (now I have 12 Gb) and use the Proxy when importing it into the Mac. Now I don't have any problems. Hope this helps.

SMP

For Fun Stuff - 1080/60p/Medium View/Protune - Take it to GoproCineformStudio/Convert/Apply Protune Preset/output MP4 - Delete Original/AVIs (unless you enjoy 60gigs cloggin up your harddrive) and enjoy your new colorgraded MP4 :)

Can also try 720/120 but you can only get Wide view in that mode. 1080/30 locks up at random, Usually in flight and just before you do the most amazing, incredible thing ever known to man...

For those of you pulling the AVI into Premiere Pro try Video Effects/Lens Distortion/-20 (Quick n Dirty Barrel Distortion correction)

Last edited by a moderator: