Best Radio to use with Naza

PilotMan

Hi All,

Another discussion to bring about. Looking at the Futaba FG8 for its s-buss but open to other radio systems if there is an advantage.

Are there radio systems that can give telemetry for battery status?

Thoughts? :02.47-tranquillity:

PilotMan

Oooooo.... Thats a lot of Mulaaaaaa for a radio.

Or run a converter

Run the radio you like. I have (or had) all 3 Futaba, JR, Spektrum and they all have their pluses and minuses. I am leaning towards the Spektrum stuff lately I really am digging the new 18QQ that allows you to "roll" your telemetry screen back in and out. Of course it is like $1300 :(

Thats a lot of money for battery info..... Figure with the low battery of the failsafe of the Naza...... It will let me know what its thinking anyway.

But your makeing me think about it...:frog:

Benchmark

It is an open secret that DJI have a preference for Futaba radios as evidenced in their manual and their online videos with good reason too. If you so some google searching you will read about its advantages.

The Futaba T8J is a good priced option of the newer Futabas and is well suited for the Naza. If you have extra wad then go for the 8FG as you mentioned as it has a few more buttons.

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
I have a Spektrum DX7, but just got through building an F450, w / naza & GPS for a friend. I suggested the Futaba 8j and he agreed. If I didn't have all these damn bnf blade helis, I'd switch to the Futaba in a nano second.