Best mini quad reviews

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I'm looking for an indoor toy. What would you guys recommend?

These are the ones I know of:

Blade MQX
Quadrocopter miniquad
Walkera ladybird

there seem to be a handful of cheap chinese one on ebay as well.

flitelab

If you fly Spektrum radios I would go mQX BNF, that way can use a real radio and parts are generally easy to get at most LHS.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I was kinda hoping to get one even smaller than the blade. It would be fun to make one if there was a controller that was an all in one micro size. Maybe ill order one of those cheapo chinese walkeras and report back.

this guy must have laser vision to fly this thing like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijb-hej2PuE

Last edited by a moderator:

NYREPS

The ladybird hands down the best ,I had them all nothing beats the ladybird,don't waste your time and money on the v939 or the mini pet v977 they are junk

NYREPS

Remember ladybird came out first and the rest are trying to copy it,and put lights and auto flip crap on ,they are all no match for the ladybird ,get the v1 not the v2.

Trike

I have the ladybird and the MQX. Personally I like how the MQX handles better than the ladybird. Or maybe there's something wrong with my ladybird. When doing circuits inside the house, if I go too fast into a turn, It feels unresponsive while correcting. I've gone full stick and it fails to correct.

The ladybird can do cool flips though. :p

If you plan on flying indoors, the ladybird might be a better option.

NYREPS

Yup that's why I said go for the v1 and the Devo 4 is crap you want to fly it with Devo 7 or 8 with v1

NYREPS

I think it's pretty durable but still gotta remember its still a toy and its plastic and carbon fiber booms the motors and props will break after a while of banging around ,and you do not want to get the other kind with auto flips always Manuel is the best way . Super stable you won't need auto stable ....I chase my dogs with the ladybird all the time it's a blast...and flys like a dream outside too it's so small and cheap you won't have to worry about crashing it like the real quads you fly.

Trike

I think it's fairly durable as well. I've smacked the wall a few times, the props do bend a little, I just bend them back and continue flying.

I think the MQX is more durable though. I've smashed that thing into poles, walls, and the ground. I just bend the props back and continue flying. It really is a tough little quad.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
are they hard to find props and parts for? not that it matters too much with a $50 heli. I'm gonna order one. I was thinking how cool it would be to get fpv setup on one of these micros. With the iphone camera being as good as it is and so small, i know the technology is out there to do it.

how do you tell a v1 from v2 when buying? Some say v2. Safe to assume any that dont are v1?

NYREPS

HK has it for $59.99 but if you dont want to wait and want it quick with in 2 days then you gonna have to pay a little bit more ,wowhobbies which I don't support has them for $76.99 bnf and the place I go to is helircstore.com from Bob he is aways fast with two day shipping for $79.99 bnf that's if you have the Devo 7 or 8 ,and upgrade battery from eBay for $19 you get 6 ,25c 350 mah ,or at hobbyking with nano tech 260 mah with 35c for $2.99 each

DaveM

Attachments

• display_1.601208minute1.jpg
    display_1.601208minute1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 374

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I got it from xheli because they are in CA where I am and they had one that didnt say v2 on it. I dont care too much as long is it works decently. I want to put some avrotos and a nex5n on it. kidding.