Best Light-Photo Camera???

Dezy

What would be a good camera for photography, that shoots raw images?
I would like to keep its weight to about 6 - 9 ounces.
I'm looking at the Sony DSC-RX100/B 20.2 MP for about $500.
Does anybody like another fairly-light camera?

Thanks,
Dezy

apsussex

The RX100 is a very good camera, also look into micro four thirds like the Panasonic GM1. The sensor is better on the panasonic and the 12-32mm kit lens is tiny but suprisingly good quality (you also have the option of adding other lenses), slightly heavier than the Sony but I stuck one of these on a Phantom and it lifted it perfectly once I had the center of gravity spot on.

Dezy

Excellent - Thanks, AP

I'll look at the GM1. The ability to change the lens would be nice, and its weight looks to be in the the same range as the RX100.

Dezy

Hi Racer,

Very nice camera, but I'm using a rather small quad and would like to keep the weight of the camera under 10 oz.......

cnewski

I use a Canon s110 and it's lighter than the Sony RX100. Also shoots raw. I just use the CHDK scripts to take pictures every few seconds.

Dezy

Thanks, Cnewski

I did some tests to see what I could lift at 50% throttle and found I could lift more than I had originally figured.
So, I bought and NEX-R on Ebay for $270 :tennis:

cnewski

That's cool. How are you mounting the camera? I've experienced that the heavier the camera and further from the body, the more it shakes.

Thanks, Cnewski

I did some tests to see what I could lift at 50% throttle and found I could lift more than I had originally figured.
So, I bought and NEX-R on Ebay for $270 :tennis:

Dezy

I hard mounted it to the top of my F550 frame, towards the front, and balanced it with the battery, which is also mounted on top.
I used a piece of 1/8 " modeling plywood and using nylon screws and nuts, using rubber grommets as spacers between the frame and plywood to dampen any vibrations - worked really well!