Best ground station/monitor option

Can anyone recommend the best SD monitor to pair up with Fat Shark goggles to build a ground station?

Hoping to find a monitor that lasts a long time with batteries in the field.

Thanks,
Brent

ChrisViperM

Have a look at the Foxtech monitors :

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/fpv-equipments-fpv-monitor-c-70_130.html

...but stay away from the monitor with the built-in dual-receiver....crap

The other monitors are good bang for your buck and are used by a lot of people.

BTW: You just need RCA.....that's all you get out of any video-receiver (unless you are awesome rich and have a HDMI transmitter/receiver.

Otherwise look for Lilliput monitors...slightly better quality, but more price.....

Chris

plingboot

I bought a 10.1" monitor from readyMadeRC, very nice unit - comes with a sun shade, tripod mount in the bottom and vesa mount bolt holes

ghaynes

Brent I've got the Foxtech 8" and it is easily viewable outdoors. Same model sold by FoxTech (about 7 days from china to colorado) and ReadyMadeRC. Saw that Kopterworx also has the 10".

postaL

I vote for the 8" screen from readymaderc.com, it's $100 but it's amazing. it comes w/ a sun shield, but it's not even needed. It's so damn bright.

did I say it was bright?

it's bright.

Vojec

I must say, that was 100% suprized with Foxtech support and delivery. Not long a go was cut off my M700 wrong wiring and send it back for repair. It cost me just 10 bucks for replacement and shipping was matrix fast , just 6 days to EU. Buy also 5 inc monitor and must say perfect for mounting on my futaba RX. Fully recommended.

SMP

Have a pair of 10" non-foxtechs which are simply not bright enough for outdoor use, even with sunshades. Its the desert over here, zero clouds, bright sun, we need a screen thats NUCLEAR bright!! Anybody use the Foxtech 10's yet or are the bright sun winners the Foxtech 8's??

Yeah, I'm looking for something really bright that's high quality for professional use. Any other suggestions out there? Needs to be analog to pair with the Fat Sharks, and something 12V for field use.

SMP

Ordered up a pair of Foxtech 8's. Super fast delivery; very surprising here in the Middle East!! Will wire up and see how they deal w the Desert.