Best Flight Controller for me?

I am looking to purchase a new flight controller for my quad in the relatively near future and I'm looking for advice on which way to go with it.

What I am looking for mostly is a controller with GPS, that is relatively lightweight and easy to set up. I use the KK2.1 presently and I really enjoy using that simply because it is so simple to use. It has a LCD screen, buttons on it, and the auto leveling is very easy to set up.

I currently use an F450 with a 4ch Tx but my plan is to move to the F550 and a 6ch Tx once I'm experienced enough to not total it every time I take it out.

I have looked at the MultiWii PRO as a potential option but I'm not sure how difficult it is to set up the auto leveling and having that easy to set up and activate is essential for me.

Are there any control boards out there with GPS and a LCD screen? Nothing too expensive as I am still a newbie and I am really just using my current set up to test the water so if I total my quad it wont break the bank to replace.

Thanks

- Jaymz

chipwich

You're in the UK, so not sure about pricing, but in the US, DJI NAZA Lite is really just a little more than a Revo and GPS module. NAZA doesn't have the LCD, but it is really easy to setup with a USB cable to a PC. The stock settings are really easy to fly. Another option is a second hand APM 2.5 or 2.6 now that the new platform is Pixhawk.

SoCal Blur

A comment about the Multiwii Pro3.0 w/GPS FC. This is an open source FC which means it isn't plug-n-play. But what you get with that is flexibility to customize the board to do what you want. You can even run a version of Arducopter on the board if you want.

The good thing is that if you buy it from Ready to Fly Quads ( http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/fl...black-flight-controller-w-gps-option-276.html ), you can get it with the firmware for the type of multi you will use it for already installed so it's pretty close to being able to fly out of the box.

Probably the biggest challenge with the Multiwii board is that you don't get a set of instructions. You have to search the internet, youtube, and forums to figure out how to hook up accessories like the GPS, Bluetooth, LED ring, etc. However, as a result, you end up learning quite a bit. Also, everything is A La Cart, cables, mounting hardware, etc. Even so, it still costs you a lot less than most other FCs with the same capabilities.

You can download all of the firmware as well as a newer GUI application that makes set up a lot easier than in previous versions.