bench work without a LiPo -- is it possible

Can I set up something for testing that will allow me to power up my 550 without using a LiPo? Does anyone do this?

I'm waiting on some Lipos and it's raining all weekend....

coreyperez

I don't see why your MR would know the difference between 12v and 12v :) Heck, put a car battery on it.

I was going to post this, but figured, if I was going to say it should work, I probably should TRY and see if it would work. I would only see a difference in amperage, but the power should be the same.

Here was my experiment! http://youtu.be/vAOR-dyfz9I (If somebody could paste the link in the forum, I have a software issue that won't let me).

Corey

Last edited by a moderator:

So technically, I could solder an xt60 to this and plug into the wall & power up my multirotor/naza?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8u3ubedy.jpg

If Bart taught me anything, this would be the equivalent to a 3s 2000mah?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I never test with a high voltage/amp lipo. Sometimes I want to leave my props on for a quick test and just change parameters i use either a 2s lipo or something similar to what you have in that pic. In general you should always remove your props but there are times when this is a safe-ish alternative when you are in a hurry. I also always keep a beach towel near by(courtesy Ken) and weigh down the LG with a lead brick.

I tested it on my OM meter. Says 12 volts.

Plugged it into the 450, and viola! No need to use the LiPo on the bench!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: