Beginner build

gazzas1

Hi there i have just built my first quad copter, and everything is still pretty new to me, i have built it using the following step by step guidelines

http://www.instructables.com/id/A-SK...-Own/?ALLSTEPS

the only difference is the radio/ transmitter is a different make and the board i am using is the kk 2.1.5 board.

i have set up the quadcopter using all of the settings that you see on the guide, however it still doesnt seem to take off that well, whenever i try to get it to take off it seems to want to flip over, if anybody has any solutions or help/tips they would be gratefully recieved! - i have attempted to flash the kk board with a different firmware but im really not sure of the best one to use.

Toymaker

Crashologist
If it's flipping take the props off. Then throttle back up a little and make sure that you had the props on correctly, and that the motors are spinning the correct direction. The air should be getting pushed down.

attachment.php

If the motors are not spinning the correct direction then you need to swap two wires of the three from the ESC to the motor. once you get the motors spinning correctly, then tip the quad and verify that the lower motor/motors spin faster. If all is working properly then put your props back on and go flying! :)

Attachments

• quad_motor_layout-3.jpg
    quad_motor_layout-3.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 180
Last edited by a moderator: