Battery Voltage checker?

homer911

Anyone recommend a battery voltage checker. I know that there are many on the market but is is worth buying a cheap or expensive one?

ChrisViperM

I guess it depends how you want to check your voltage....if you want to check your LiPo's overall Voltage on the ground, the best you can do is buy a Multimeter....

If you want to check the Voltage of each cell, you need a LiPo checker as already suggested

If you want to check your voltage while the bird is in the air, get something like this (just make sure it got a loud alarm beeper, if it has only LED's to warn you, it's sometimes difficult to see)

http://www.amazon.com/Integy-C23212-Voltage-Checker-Warning/dp/B003Y6E6IE

Chris

homer911

Cheers folks. I'm looking for a voltage checker to use on the ground. I have the Quanum Telemetry system on the aircraft.

I like the look of the Eos sentry by Hyperion. I think its a lot more expensive in the UK compared to the US though.

JoshMaxAmps

Problem comes with any of these when you have a pack that has a problem. If you plug a pack in that has a dead cell it can either click on and off over and over, not turn on at all, or show completely incorrect voltages. If you are having a problem with a pack use a voltmeter or a good lipo charger to actually diagnose the issue. Perfect to check capacity on a good pack though.