Battery tray for DJI s800

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Yeah I'm looking for a good solution too. Something that can detach from the legs easy so I can still break things down quick.

I'm kind of surprised there wasn't something included using the 2 rales. If you look at the videos taken at the NAB They had some type of battery mount on the frame.

Right now I'm just using (2) 1/2" P Clamps attached to an aluminum plate and then velcro strap the battery to the plate.

I almost wonder if a CineStar8 battery tray would work on the top. Not sure where I could safely drill on the top plate though. http://www.quadrocopter.com/CineStar-8-Lipo-Battery-Tray_p_461.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

I am using two pieces of a Ace Hardware yardstick and some of the 1/2" clamps that have rubber edges. No gouging my CF. I can break down the landing gear and put everything in the case without removing the battery mounts.

View attachment 4359

Attachments

• S800 Lipo Mount 3.jpg
    S800 Lipo Mount 3.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 456

dolby

Needs more bacon!
How can you pull out the center rod to break the legs down with out removing the clamps? BTW I'm using the same clamps at the moment.

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Ah ok so you take the legs off.

I kind of like being able to take the center rod out of the legs splitting them in half super quick however using these clamps your way is probably a lot quicker.

I wish there was a tray that just snapped on hanging from the gear rales.

My pics...

Attachments

• s800-av130.jpg
    s800-av130.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 377
  • s-800-batterymount2.jpg
    s-800-batterymount2.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 354

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Something like this could be cool especially if it some how snapped on and off the rales and had velcro strap holes for either 1 big lipo or 2 smaller ones.

Attachments

• s-800-tray.jpg
    s-800-tray.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 269

Zzr

Thanks Dolby,
One month ago I didn't seen the video NAB they had type of battery mount. Can you give me the link for NAB please thank. What kind of clamp with one butterfly nut? It's nice alum plate.

I kind of like being able to take the center rod out of the legs splitting them in half super quick however using these clamps your way is probably a lot quicker.

My pics...

Zzr

Oh I got it Its P Clamps 1/2 from Ace Hardware

My pics...

Zzr

I saw your post in two weeks ago. Not badly! but I have two long length CF about 12 inches L and 4 inches W.
When I have time to make one. but I'm looking for one good mount hanging on the gear rail.
What about Tail servo mount 12 mm dia for tail boom?

I am using two pieces of a Ace Hardware yardstick and some of the 1/2" clamps that have rubber edges. No gouging my CF. I can break down the landing gear and put everything in the case without removing the battery mounts.

View attachment 5944

Zzr

What length of CineStar-8 Lipo Battery Tray? 95mm? It's 4 inches length? but risky for drill on the top plate. instead something mount alum clamp on the gear rail.

Yeah I'm looking for a good solution too. Something that can detach from the legs easy so I can still break things down quick.

I'm kind of surprised there wasn't something included using the 2 rales. If you look at the videos taken at the NAB They had some type of battery mount on the frame.

Right now I'm just using (2) 1/2" P Clamps attached to an aluminum plate and then velcro strap the battery to the plate.

I almost wonder if a CineStar8 battery tray would work on the top. Not sure where I could safely drill on the top plate though. http://www.quadrocopter.com/CineStar-8-Lipo-Battery-Tray_p_461.html

dolby

Needs more bacon!
What length of CineStar-8 Lipo Battery Tray? 95mm? It's 4 inches length? but risky for drill on the top plate. instead something mount alum clamp on the gear rail.

That info is not correct, that info is for the CineStar6 because its 2 plates. The CineStar8 is 1 long plate. The measurement is listed the same for both so that tells me the info they have for the CineStar8 plate is wrong.

The 12mm tail servo mount might work good. They look nice too.

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Ok I think this may work well...

(1) Cinestar8 battery tray from Quadrocopter.us
(4) EA-046 Tail Servo Mount for 12mm Diameter Booms from HeliFlightCenter.com
(4) 2M x 12mm screws
(4) 6mm Aluminum Standoffs
(4) Washers

I may dremel off the metal that is sticking out but waiting a bit incase I have an idea to use them. Almost want to make a little shelf on each side but can't think of anything to put there.

Also tempted to just mount this tray on the top of the s800 like the cinestar since it makes changing batteries even easier. I'm just afraid to drill through the top plate.

Attachments

• cinstar8-batt-s800-2.jpg
    cinstar8-batt-s800-2.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 358
  • cinstar8-batt-s800.jpg
    cinstar8-batt-s800.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 342

Zzr

Thanks Dolby,
That's great tips. Good Job. I thought it was funny that I ordered EA-046 Tail servo in two days ago. I will receive it this Sat. I bought KDE battery tray alum for Trex 700E in two years ago. I will try if it maybe fit. I already ordered a Cinestar 8 Llipo today. Ha!

(4) 2M x 12mm screws
(4) Washers

I may dremel off the metal that is sticking out but waiting a bit incase I have an idea to use them. Almost want to make a little shelf on each side but can't think of anything to put there.

Also tempted to just mount this tray on the top of the s800 like the cinestar since it makes changing batteries even easier. I'm just afraid to drill through the top plate.

Zzr

Spacers or standsoff 2mm ID? and
8 lock nuts?

(4) 2M x 12mm screws
(4) Washers

dolby

Needs more bacon!
No nuts needed, the clamps have threaded holes. The spacers are M3, I'm not using the threads. I dont have any metal M2's so the M2 screws go right through the spacers and screw into thread clamp holes.