Battery questions

I have a 900mm quad flying a naza setup with GPS.Whole unit weighs about 5lbs loaded with batteries. Currently using 2 matched Turnigy 6000mAh 25-50C discharge 4 cell Li-Po batteries and getting about 6 to 8 minutes max flight time when I am loaded with a small video camera and a gopro. What would be the best battery setup to get the most amount of flight time? Need as much fly time as possible...

Deon

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I have a 900mm quad flying a naza setup with GPS.Whole unit weighs about 5lbs loaded with batteries. Currently using 2 matched Turnigy 6000mAh 25-50C discharge 4 cell Li-Po batteries and getting about 6 to 8 minutes max flight time when I am loaded with a small video camera and a gopro. What would be the best battery setup to get the most amount of flight time? Need as much fly time as possible...

Deon

Deon,

It looks like a little over 2 lbs of your total weight of 5 lbs is batteries. I'd guess your quad is working pretty had to carry that second battery and that it's causing efficiency to suffer badly. There'a a point with every aircraft where additional weight can't be added without causing increasingly higher efficiency losses.

You might get the same flight time with an 8000 mah Zippy battery that is 1/2 lb lighter than your two 6000 mah batteries.

Try ecalc like Jes suggested. See what larger motors and slightly larger props would do for you.