Battery for FVP

FlyEYE

I'll be receiving my video transmitter any day now and am going to be powering it from a 3S lipo. It's working current is 260ma. Would a 360mah lipo run it over an hour or is there something I'm missing? What size batteries are you guys using?

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I use an eFlite 3S 800 mAh mainly because I had a pair of them leftover from when I had a Blade CP heli. Can't say how long a 360 would last, I've never had one that size, the 800 lasts through 3 10 minute flights no problem with plenty of power left.

Ken

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
FlyEye
you're reading that about right. it'll depend on the age of the packs and whether or not the pack is also powering your camera. some transmitters have low voltage cutoff options that are good to turn off if you're flying FPV so you can get home and not lose video if the battery runs low. if you're camera is for aerial photography and you're keeping the MRC within eyesight, then you'd want the video Tx to shut off when the battery is low so you don't wreck the battery by over-discharging it. which reminds me, i have to reset my Tx so the battery saver is set to ON.
Bart