battery flight time question

shawdreamer

currently Im using a single 2200mah flight battery and averaging 5-7mins in the air (depending on weather I throw her about abit or if Im fighting wind drift constantly)

I had originally planned on sorting myself a single 4000+mah battery once Id got the quad flying right but I was wondering which would be better a single 4000+ or running two 2200mah in parallel?

obviously the two 2200mah total up a slight bit heavier but I was wondering if there is any other factors I should consider also?

Last edited by a moderator:

If the frame can handle the bigger battery, I like one battery from a wiring standpoint. Just less connections, less chance of trouble. If cog or frame constraints on size require two batteries to get above 4000 mah, there you go. If your comfortable with the wiring, I know of no real pitfalls.

Just note you won't double your flight time due to weight.

OldGazer

To answer a question like this we need much more detail as in frame type, motors, props, ESCs, flight controller, bling (leds, wheel spinners, Super Fly grill,), accessories (gimbal, camera, retracts, FPV gear), aircraft DRY weight (no battery installed) preferably in grams (metric is easier to work with).

For the motors we need Brand, motor type/Kv (2814-7xxKV, 2212-1000Kv, ect), prop size and blade pitch, and if you have it, we need the motor/prop grams of thrust per watt of power (expressed as X.xx g/w) AT HALF THROTTLE. Quality motors like T-Motor and Sunny Sky have these numbers listed along with the motor specifications...