Battery behavior weirdness

Took the 550 out today for the first time. It was a bit windy and a bit stressful but it went well.

I have some high-powered motors on this thing it's the Aerial MediaPro's heavy lift kit

I am using a single 4s 5000 mah 35-70c battery.

I was able to fly 4-5 minutes. But I noticed when my cells got around 3.75, it would no longer take off in GPS mode. It seemed as if it had less power. When I flipped it to manual mode it seemed as if the power returned. I unplugged the battery and plugged in a new one.

Again I was able to fly for four or five minutes. Then GPS mode seem to be governing my power.

What's up with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
You need to turn off the battery cutout in the Naza control, just fly from your telemetry or fly to time.

Pete

chipwich

Took the 550 out today for the first time. It was a bit windy and a bit stressful but it went well.

I have some high-powered motors on this thing it's the Aerial MediaPro's heavy lift kit

I am using a single 4s 5000 mah 35-70c battery.

I was able to fly 4-5 minutes. But I noticed when my cells got around 3.75, it would no longer take off in GPS mode. It seemed as if it had less power. When I flipped it to manual mode it seemed as if the power returned. I unplugged the battery and plugged in a new one.

Again I was able to fly for four or five minutes. Then GPS mode seem to be governing my power.

What's up with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious what kind of load are you carrying with the AMP kit to get that flight time? I've been impressed by AMP's demo video, but basically it's a stripped down F550 they are hot rodding around their office park. I want to see it lift something "heavy" and know the flight time.

Just curious what kind of load are you carrying with the AMP kit to get that flight time? I've been impressed by AMP's demo video, but basically it's a stripped down F550 they are hot rodding around their office park. I want to see it lift something "heavy" and know the flight time.

Chipwhich, I'm currently lifting a gopro and H3-2D gimbal. I've only flown it in high-winds and I'm sure just hovering was tough. I'm using the 10" props for now and have some 11" Xoar props on the way.

I'll report back after a few more flights. Brand new battery is giving me only a 4 minute flight time til I hit 3.7 volts on the battery. It's possible, because the battery is brand new it needs a few more cycles to get it's full capacity out of it.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Chipwhich, I'm currently lifting a gopro and H3-2D gimbal. I've only flown it in high-winds and I'm sure just hovering was tough. I'm using the 10" props for now and have some 11" Xoar props on the way.

I'll report back after a few more flights. Brand new battery is giving me only a 4 minute flight time til I hit 3.7 volts on the battery. It's possible, because the battery is brand new it needs a few more cycles to get it's full capacity out of it.

Sounds like a new lipo thing. 3.75v is as low as you should go anyway.