Basic question from a basic noob concerning JR 9503 radio bind and next step

I have purchased a DJI 550 with an ar8000 receiver and naza 2. I also have a jr9503 radio into which I have created a new model.

I have performed what I believe to be a successful bind...the blinking lights on both onboard receivers turn solid and the green light on the back of the radio indicates a bind. The naza is currently blinking yellow.

My question/problem...not sure what the next step is? Before I connect the naza to my computer, should I be able to get the radio to communicate with the copter? ie. do I need to move the sticks in a certain way...safety technique? Right now, the radio doesnt seem to be sending anything to the receivers.

Thanks for any guidance.

Tahoe Ed

You need to connect your Naza to the Assistant and set the Rx to Traditional and calibrate your Tx and set up your switches. There are many videos on the net to assist you with your radio. Make sure that you set up preset failsafe before you fly.

Ed, thank you. I have found and watched a few videos. I have properly connected the naza mc to my computer following the proper sequence. I have the latest assistant installed. When I try to select mixer type and click motor test, i continue to get "please connect to the controller".

Any suggestions?

Tks, B