Basecam - Home position control - Is This Right?

I've posted about this once before, but have made a recent discovery that might change everything, so I thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone might know.

My original issue is that I want my Home Position switch to work properly, but I can't seem to make that happen. I previously thought that hitting the switch would throw the gimbal into a different yaw position every time. However, what I've recently noticed is that, when I throw that switch, the gimbal resets itself to the initial position it was in when the gimbal was turned on, regardless of the orientation of the copter. So, if the gimbal was pointing due south when I powered up the gimbal, and I yaw the copter (gimbal is in follow mode) 90 degrees to the right and hit the Home Position switch, the gimbal will aim itself due south, no matter which direction the copter is pointing. It took me a while to put this together, but now that I have, I've noticed that this is actually very consistent behavior. It does it every time!

Unfortunately, that's not what I want. I really need the Home Position switch to re-orient the gimbal so that it's pointing forward relative to the copter. That makes sense, right?

So, is this current behavior correct? Am I asking too much of the board to want the gimbal to reset to pointing forward in relation to the copter? Or am I doing something wrong?