Balancing Tiger 26in props

I've got a set of Tiger 26, and a set of Tiger 28 that I cannot seem to get balanced.

They are mounted on Tiger U8 motors and the vibrations are pretty intense when running. Out of the box the vibes were really bad, so much that I was afraid to spin them up. After balancing I can fly with them, and they are maybe ~80% but not perfect. I have been able to get my Tiger 16's and 18's and all my old APC 14 and 13 balanced much better.

But this is the first time I have dealt with props nearly a meter long. Is there any special tricks to getting them perfectly dialed?

maxwelltub

I'm quite surprised to hear this as Tiger props are usually pretty well pre balanced. Why wont traditional methods of balancing work?

mangoats

If a prop of that size and cost was not pre-balanced properly be for purchase, I would have sent it back. There is really no reason a product of that cost should have to be balanced by the consumer.

I'm quite surprised to hear this as Tiger props are usually pretty well pre balanced. Why wont traditional methods of balancing work?

Well, not sure if it is my balancer with the large props, or my method that has worked up until now is not enough. Using a DuBro balancer, like I have for years now.

I can get them to lay flat and look balanced on my balancer, but when on the helicopter and spun up I can see them shaking the arms, which is obviously no good. Not sure if the extra mass of the props requires a different technique or something.

Last edited by a moderator: