Baffled wiring a switch for gimbal

SYNDK8

Skyvokker
Trying to put a rocker switch on my gimbal, it is working according to the picture but the LED on the switch doesnt work as I don't know how to wire up the two #3 tabs as those probably fire up the LED. No datasheet on this rocker switch :dejection:

View attachment 15970

Attachments

• 20140130_230924.jpg
    20140130_230924.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 2,969

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
This is where a certain tool comes in handy- a fluke meter/multimeter or whatever they are called. You can pick these up pretty cheaply and in my opinion this is one of those 'vital' tools to have. Not only will it allow you to suss out what is going on with something like this, it will also help you troubleshoot and it has saved me thousands (litterally) by ensuring I wire things up correctly. I can't be of much help on the rocker switch in the photo I'm afraid hence my suggestion of arming yourself with a multimeter.

tstrike

pendejo grande
Trying to put a rocker switch on my gimbal, it is working according to the picture but the LED on the switch doesnt work as I don't know how to wire up the two #3 tabs as those probably fire up the LED. No datasheet on this rocker switch :dejection:

View attachment 19897
you need to split your ground wire with one going to the switch and one going to the ubec (or whatever you're trying to get power to). The middle leg of the switch would be positive from the power source and the outside leg would be positive going to the device powered.

SYNDK8

Skyvokker
tstrike, LED not turning on still. I tried power source on both middle and outside legs and jumped middle leg with positive 3rd leg.
View attachment 15976

Attachments

• 20140131_111122.jpg
    20140131_111122.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 487

ezflyr

Hi,

According to the datasheet, the switch exists between pins 1 and 2, and the LED exists between pins 2 and 3. For the moment, forget about the switch. Apply your +12V power source to pins 2 and 3 in both directions to see if you can get the LED to illuminate. If you can't see the LED light up with this simple test, there are only a couple of possibilities; you have the wrong switch P/N (no led!), or a failed LED.

John

bensid54

One terminal is power one terminal is ground the other is switched now you need to know if it's switched to ground or switched to power. If it is a RC product the wire that is not + or- is switched and likely goes to your RC controller but you also need to make sure your RC controller and gimbal switch have the same power source to make sure everything will work.